Neil Warnock | Vital Football

Neil Warnock

cornishcrabberblade

Vital Youth Team
For those who are interested, Neil turned up at Truro's game last saturday. I didn't get to speak to him but it was nice to see the old guy following local Cornish football; perhaps the weather was too bad for him to be on his tractor. He did an interview and this can be seen on twitter.com/TCFC_Official

He seems to be universally disliked at the Lane now - especially if you go on S24SU - I have nothing against him and am glad to hear he's well and enjoying life down in Cornwall.

He seems to be universally disliked at the Lane now - especially if you go on S24SU - I have nothing against him and am glad to hear he's well and enjoying life down in Cornwall.

S24SU are a weird mob
I could criticise Warnock for certain things
The "we're just happy to be here" comments used to drive me crackers.

But his overall performance was very good when everything was taken into account

He took a broken club on a life support machine in 1999 and brought it back to life.

There was absolute despair, total apathy, a club who's support had quite rightly abandoned them forever, and I include myself in this.

I'd promised myself I'd never go again and I was deadly serious, I'd not been for about two years before Warnock came in, and it took Warnock's teams a couple of years to get me back, so probably about 4-5 years without going.

Thousands of others felt the same way, nearly all of my mates were so fed up with it that it became almost an act of kindness, like pulling the plug of a life support machine on somebody you loved when there was no other hope.

But he brought us back from the dead and managed to lay the foundations of what we are now.

We've still had our problems since he left which I'd like to bet wouldn't have happened if hed stayed, but throughout it all we have become a very well supported club again thanks to the "all in it together" attitude that he instilled in the club

S24SU are a weird mob

But his overall performance was very good when everything was taken into account

He took a broken club on a life support machine in 1999 and brought it back to life.

I agree. Never seen why he would be the subject of such fury and hate. If you're at a club long enough, then there will always be bad to go along with the good. It doesn't worry me that the fans of whatever club he's at are 'the best in the world'. He's just playing the game. In the end he wont deserve a statue in the car park, but he does deserve better than some of our supporters think.

Excellent posts MnM & FKB.

There's plenty seem to manage,conveniently, to forget the Adrian Heath period.

I agree. Never seen why he would be the subject of such fury and hate. If you're at a club long enough, then there will always be bad to go along with the good. It doesn't worry me that the fans of whatever club he's at are 'the best in the world'. He's just playing the game. In the end he wont deserve a statue in the car park, but he does deserve better than some of our supporters think.
I've alluss said Pops we were a better club after Warnock left than we were when he arrived and so he gets my respect.He duz talk alot of Ballax t'media tho(as ya said he's playin the game) abit like certain posters on here.:whistle::giggle: UTMPB

S24SU are a weird mob

There was absolute despair, total apathy, a club who's support had quite rightly abandoned them forever, and I include myself in this.

I'd promised myself I'd never go again and I was deadly serious, I'd not been for about two years before Warnock came in, and it took Warnock's teams a couple of years to get me back, so probably about 4-5 years without going.

Thousands of others felt the same way, nearly all of my mates were so fed up with it that it became almost an act of kindness, like pulling the plug of a life support machine on somebody you loved when there was no other hope.

But he brought us back from the dead and managed to lay the foundations of what we are now.

We've still had our problems since he left which I'd like to bet wouldn't have happened if hed stayed, but throughout it all we have become a very well supported club again thanks to the "all in it together" attitude that he instilled in the club

Good post MNM - spot on. There's a sort of mob mentality at times over the road which takes over. Too many posters - more reasoned debate to be found on here :LOL: