Nash loan extended | Vital Football

Nash loan extended

wxgill

Vital 1st Team Regular
The only way to prove himself is to score in league one.

What Lovell says for me makes no sense at all.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/nash-loan-spell-continues-156729/

It makes total sense to me - 'Hes not anywhere near our level' his first and second touch are not great

Kettners, how can you say his first and second touch are not great from what you've seen so far?

Give the lad a chance.

Cascarino looked really awkward and ungainly when we signed him and look how he developed.

I saw Nash pre season, he was quick, incisive and put defenders under pressure.

Given time and the right coaching and development I'm sure he will develop into a good player, but he does need exposure at League 1 level.

I'd be far more optimistic with Nash coming off the bench in search of a goal than List.

Knowledge of his players appears to be one of Lovell's strongest suits. He has a good record in supporting and developing young players. He was a goalscoring forward himself. I trust his judgement on this more than I do my wish for Nash to burst onto the league scene with a couple of dozen goals.

I think we have to trust the coaches on this one. They see him in training. Even Ade who signed Nash didn't play him!

Looks as though SL doesn't rate him that highly even though he must have had an input with Ade into his signing

Get his sharpness and confidence up by scoring goals at Leatherhead. Bring him back when he is buzzing and say to him "go grab the chance".

PhilK66 - 11/12/2017 13:56

Looks as though SL doesn't rate him that highly even though he must have had an input with Ade into his signing

Why must he have had an input? For all you know he might have been dead against his signing but Pennock had other ideas.

kettners - 11/12/2017 09:18

It makes total sense to me - 'Hes not anywhere near our level' his first and second touch are not great

"his first and second touch are not great"

I would think that makes him fit in very well. :2:

I think Nash maybe be a players that PDPS will point to when the January money is requested by SL. He is on a contract so we are unlikely to have another striker brought in while we are paying his wages. If, of course, Steve is even looking for another striker

I think our big problem is the lack of goals from midfield, most good teams will have half their goals from that area.

Wilkinson needs to start converting his chances. The other parts of his game have notably improved under SL. Agree witjh Nitram about needing goals from midfield. We need a league 1 Frank Lampard. Shame we had to sell ours.

On Saturday, Byrne, Martin and Wagstaff all had opportunities; opportunities to put in a telling pass or useful cross and even have a pop themselves but somehow they seem to be lacking in the skill, guile or confidence required. Dack would let fly as soon as he saw the posts, these guys don't. On Saturday, in the final throes Martin went to take a corner but, instead of getting it in the box, he hesitated and passed it back to the full back, which allowed the Plymouth defence to step out and spoil any chance we might have had in the dying seconds.

Vambogills - 12/12/2017 10:51

I think Nash maybe be a players that PDPS will point to when the January money is requested by SL. He is on a contract so we are unlikely to have another striker brought in while we are paying his wages. If, of course, Steve is even looking for another striker

Nash is probably one of the low earners on a "prove you deserve a bigger contract" incentives.

If we don't sign another striker because we have to pay Nash as well then that really would be alarming.

Lets see what January brings. I hope ( and expect) a bit more movement than most years to be honest. If not we may not be quite so luck this season come May.

I think there is a real possibly that Nash could be out on loan for the rest of the season .Perhaps at a national league side from January with an view to giving it another go next season .I would think that if he could get a few goals under his belt at a professional level the step to the league would be easier . If he fails at that level it would be wise to let him go .