Names & Numbers on Home Shirts | Vital Football

Names & Numbers on Home Shirts

79imp

I know this was mentioned in the Swindon match thread last week, but as there's a Fans Forum tonight, I thought maybe it's own thread might get a bit more attention from the powers that be, or prompt a question or two from those able to attend this evening.

Let's cut right to the chase... PLEASE can we have white numbers and names on the backs of the home shirts from Tuesday night onwards. It's bad enough we have to put up with that hideous red cape on the back of the already-horrible shirt, but to then not be able to see the numbers from any sort of distance, really is adding insult to injury.

The only reason I could accept for not doing this would be that it is some sort of Danny tactic to confuse the opposition when they scout our home games (either live at SB or on WyScout). However, we're not doing that with the away shirt so I'd guess this is unlikely.

Please, please, please Mr Kit Man or any influential voice at the club reading this, can we please have proper numbers back please??!

I know this was mentioned in the Swindon match thread last week, but as there's a Fans Forum tonight, I thought maybe it's own thread might get a bit more attention from the powers that be, or prompt a question or two from those able to attend this evening.

Let's cut right to the chase... PLEASE can we have white numbers and names on the backs of the home shirts from Tuesday night onwards. It's bad enough we have to put up with that hideous red cape on the back of the already-horrible shirt, but to then not be able to see the numbers from any sort of distance, really is adding insult to injury.

The only reason I could accept for not doing this would be that it is some sort of Danny tactic to confuse the opposition when they scout our home games (either live at SB or on WyScout). However, we're not doing that with the away shirt so I'd guess this is unlikely.

Please, please, please Mr Kit Man or any influential voice at the club reading this, can we please have proper numbers back please??!

Absolutely agree, from my view from the back of the upper tier in the Coop wearing contact lenses I struggled with the names and numbers and mentioned bringing my mini binoculars next time!

The shocker of all City home shirts is made even worse by the numbering on the back. ...........The final pieces in the jigsaw of a complete mess.

A five year old would realise that the numbers should fit within "the hideous red cape"; and that they should be white.

Last edited:
The shocker of all City home shirts is made even worse by the numbering on the back. The final pieces in the jigsaw of a complete mess.

A five year old would realise that the numbers should fit within "the hideous red cape"; and that they should be white.
Not a fan then?

Are you allowed white numbers and names?

I thought you were only allowed black, but I can't say I've taken too much notice of opposition colours to remember whether that's the case or not.

Absolutely agree, from my view from the back of the upper tier in the Coop wearing contact lenses I struggled with the names and numbers and mentioned bringing my mini binoculars next time!
Quite agree. I thought they had not had time to put names on the shirts until 30 minutes into the game. White names and numbers please.