N/GILLS - They have opened the doors at Crystal Palace. | Vital Football

N/GILLS - They have opened the doors at Crystal Palace.

Good on palace (Crystal that is). The premiership is awash with cash so hopefully more clubs will follow suit and offer something back to the less fortunate in their community

A chap down in Torquay did this a while ago with his B&B but got into all sorts of problems with the behaviour of some of the people who stayed.
Something to do with duty of care etc.
He only wanted to give them a bed but had to pull out of it.
Shame, and I hope this one is successful.

If I recall correctly, most of Buckingham Palace is used as offices with only a small part used as bedrooms.

If the tories hadn't closed Bruce house in covent garden and turned it into luxury apartments there might be a few less people sleeping rough.
Anyone else remember when Lincolns Inn was homeless tent city under that nice Mrs T

All those underused second and subsidised homes belonging to MPs, Lambeth Palace, House of Lords (drunkeness & incontinece already provided for), all the virtually empty churches, unoccupied investment property, London clubs..... good grief we could house the homeless and have enough left over for the rest of us to have a night in town!

Good on Palace for doing this. Great gesture by a football club.

Homelessness is an issue close to my heart and the fact that so many people in this country have nowhere to call home is an utterly shameful thing.

A chap down in Torquay did this a while ago with his B&B but got into all sorts of problems with the behaviour of some of the people who stayed.
Something to do with duty of care etc.
He only wanted to give them a bed but had to pull out of it.
Shame, and I hope this one is successful.

I think I know who you are talking about and if I am right about that then the truth of the story isn't so clear cut. I'll do some research later to check I'm right about this and if I am I'll come back on and clear it up. If it's the same bloke he's actually a bit of a ***.

All those underused second and subsidised homes belonging to MPs, Lambeth Palace, House of Lords (drunkeness & incontinece already provided for), all the virtually empty churches, unoccupied investment property, London clubs..... good grief we could house the homeless and have enough left over for the rest of us to have a night in town!

This is the most pertinent point of them all. The number of properties standing empty is huge. Far greater than the number of people sleeping rough. This is a sickening fact. Homelessness has increased because of this government and it is this same government who made squatting houses a criminal offence. Utilising empty properties should never be criminal, if anything it should be the rich cnts who leave properties empty who should be being prosecuted.

Incidentally, it is still only a civil offence to squat empty industrial or commercial properties, and activists up and down the country open up squats to provide shelter for homeless people every winter. These squatters should be applauded for their efforts but it shouldn't be down to then or football clubs to be providing solutions to a problem that the government have not only ignored but actually exasperated.

The squatting law needs to be repealed and those who take action to solve their own homelessness by squatting empty properties should be commended not criminalised. Same for people like me who squat land. We are not claiming housing benefit (which is a huge cost to the tax payer but doesn't go into public services but instead into the pockets of private landlords who are, especially when they own multiple properties, nothing short of usuary cnts) and are keeping the numbers of homeless from being even greater than they already are.

Fck Brexit, let's solve the homelessness crisis. It is completely unacceptable that so many people have no home whilst so many properties stand empty and so many rich cnts get even more rich by charging exorbitant rents.

Once spoke to a member of the Westminster Police homeless unit who told me there were enough beds a in the borough for EVERY homeless person on the streets there. The reason they weren't taken is that there is a strict drink and drug policy and anyone wanting a bed for the night had to be tested before being given a bed, (help with drink and drug addiction was also on offer but usually declined)they chose the drink/ drugs instead of a bed.
I put this story down, in part, to a bit of good old coppers cynicism until a couple if years later when one of the charity workers from the local homeless hostel confirmed it as true.
Now I'm not judging and I know this isn't the whole problem but surely you'd want a warm bed over a bit of weed or a bottle of Diamond White? Or is it just me?

"Now I'm not judging and I know this isn't the whole problem but surely you'd want a warm bed over a bit of weed or a bottle of Diamond White? Or is it just me? "

If it's you, put me down for the weed and White rather than the warm bed....or have I misconstrued? :throw:

I would think life on the street is a living hell. If a bit of weed and alcoholic oblivion gets you away from some of that...........

Adenda: Ive a feeling self respect is in very short supply too