Mud Hutters v Mad Hatters | Page 3 | Vital Football

Mud Hutters v Mad Hatters

With all attention going to the ticketing thread for the cup I forgot to ask something about last nights game.

How bad was that referee, moonay mentioned the rugby tackles on Magennis, however there were plenty others he seem to think was ok.

A chap sat near me asked had I watched the ref, he never ran once, and hardly moved outside the centre circle all the game, I hadn't noticed until it was pointed out but he was same for the rest of the game, I thought he would have moved about more just to warm up a little in the cold.

With all attention going to the ticketing thread for the cup I forgot to ask something about last nights game.

How bad was that referee, moonay mentioned the rugby tackles on Magennis, however there were plenty others he seem to think was ok.

A chap sat near me asked had I watched the ref, he never ran once, and hardly moved outside the centre circle all the game, I hadn't noticed until it was pointed out but he was same for the rest of the game, I thought he would have moved about more just to warm up a little in the cold.
To be fair, I thought he was generally OK ... for both teams ... but those rugby tackles stood out.

The only other "poor" thing I can remember is ( I think) one of their forward subs twice jumping at/into a Tics player going for a header. I think the first one was Hughes and the second Watts. The first in particular was quite dangerous, as it made the player miss the ball completely and then land awkwardly.

We lost two important players in a tough match against York. I've got no issue whatsoever about moving into 'game management' last night when we had a 2 goal lead. TBF, we could have had a couple more goals, and we limited Stockport to one good chance.

A few observations:
- You can see why we play Tickle, as Amos was a bit uncomfortable with the ball at feet and that is an important part of how we play
- Watts had a really good game, and Rekik wasn't far behind
- Scotty Smith gets better and better
not a fan of this game manegement when we have to chance to put a few awey. it builds confedence in the pleyers and the teem as a hole. it also gives sommart back to us weery fans who go out in all sorts to give are support. also weve seen pleyers can get injured in trg more than on the pitch. taking godo off agenst fleetwood doesnt seem to have saved him.

but just to add to your list pubey.
- agen weve seen that atacking midfeelders dont make strikers. there were 2 one on ones a proper striker wuld of put awey without a flinch.

Funny old game isn't it, but I'm sure that for some fans, the thing that will stick out for them from this goal is the tippy tappy passing sideways, and the constant need to go backwards.

For me, it's all about the movement, and the constant searching to "find the gap", to create the space for an attack to be launched. 29 passes, in every direction. Some short, some longer. Two or three times it seemed like the opportunity was almost there, but a little patience, a great ball from Jones, a lovely mazy run from Sze, some determination from Smith, and we had a deserved opening goal.

Other styles of football are also available.

Tonight's games in the BSM Trophy:
Derby 0 - Bradford 1
Brighton & HA 0 - Reading 0 (Brighton win 3-2 on pens)
Wycombe 2 - WHU 1
AFC Wimbledon 2 - Oxford 0

Tomorrow's fixtures
Accrington v Horwich
Blackpool v Burton
P'Boro v Crawley