Moyses On January Transfer Window | Vital Football

Moyses On January Transfer Window

G

Planning already. Good sign.
http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Lincoln-City-boss-Chris-Moyses-starts-saving/story-28200705-detail/story.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

He does seem quite astute at managing his squad. With one or two exceptions, he got rid of the dead wood during the summer, and has moved the remainder out on loan since then. I think he can spot a good player, and places attitude and commitment very high on his list of requirements; compare Craig Stanley and Matt Sparrow with Todd Jordan and Arnaud Mendy, for instance, poles apart in every way. His management style reminds me of Murphy; I suspect the great man is in the background as mentor/consultant.

None of the players he has bought in from other clubs has let him down. Even Fergie at United could not say that.

SIMJON - 19/11/2015 10:04

Luke Imp - 19/11/2015 09:28

Need to shift Brown on again.

I agree. Robinson too.

Would of agreed with you there early season, but since hes come back from injury he looks a bit fresher and is at least an impact sub at the moment. When he came on in the FA Cup against Tranmere he widened the play, injected pace and even won a few headers.

I wonder if Moyses means additional signings or loans in January? Or perhaps he might merely mean ensuring our players remain out on loan in order that we can afford to extend the loan deals for Hawkridge and Wootton?

One thing is for sure though, the teams that have the biggest transfer budgets for the January window will start to peel away from the chasing pack once they make some quality additional signings. It happens time again. Just when teams think they are keeping in among the front runner or not far behind them, January comes and the big budget teams then push on by adding some quality additions.

Will January be the time when Scunthorpe decide to cash in on the likes of Hawridge, as they themselves look to strengthen? In which case will his aspirations be to play at a higher level if say a league 2 club come in for him? Wootton too?

One final thought. The article suggests that Moyses see's the loaning to Stamford of Elliot Hodge and Andy Wright as a saving. What does it say about our playing budget if the likes of Stamford can afford to pick up all or a big part of these two player's wages, in order to make it a worthwhile and usable saving.

I think CM was referring to the total savings from loan players sent out. I don't think there would be any saving tbh from sending Wright and Hodge out,and maybe a marginal saving in the case of Simmons. However in the cases of Diagne,Brown and Nolan I would expect a significant part of the wages would be saved.
OK Diagne was under already contract but I felt at the time that signing Brown,Nolan,Wright and Hodge was a mistake and events seem to have tuned out that way.

I think we will need 2/3 signings in January to kick on. Christmas is a busy period and can take it's toll. I would be looking for another centre forward, and to bolster the midfield preferably with an injection of pace.

Stanley and Sparrow are good honest pro's, but my only criticism on Saturday is that the ball broke in the middle of the park but we didn't have enough pace to spring an attack and players to keep up with play.

Scotimp - 19/11/2015 09:25

He does seem quite astute at managing his squad. With one or two exceptions, he got rid of the dead wood during the summer, and has moved the remainder out on loan since then. I think he can spot a good player, and places attitude and commitment very high on his list of requirements; compare Craig Stanley and Matt Sparrow with Todd Jordan and Arnaud Mendy, for instance, poles apart in every way. His management style reminds me of Murphy; I suspect the great man is in the background as mentor/consultant.
Understand what you are saying, but implying that Todd Jordan didn't have a good attitude and commitment is somewhat harsh. Sure, he lacked in ability, but nobody could say he wasn't a trier, to be fair to him.

plumbob - 19/11/2015 12:09

Understand what you are saying, but implying that Todd Jordan didn't have a good attitude and commitment is somewhat harsh. Sure, he lacked in ability, but nobody could say he wasn't a trier, to be fair to him.

In fairness to Todd, when you took him out of the midfield and put him at centre half he did ok, this was only done twice, one home game where he did well and an away game where he was sent off early doors for a last ditch tackle.

plumbob - 19/11/2015 12:09

Yes, I was implying that Jordan was a poor footballer rather than there being any problem with attitude.

Think that any addition to the squad has to fit in with the squad.
Tight knit bunch of players.
So Moyses mission could help out got a few surprises lined up.
Keep pledging imps.

Tiniest tweak at best.
Remember
If YHWH decides it's Lincoln's turn to be promoted. Then it'll be a mass clear out and new signings galore in the summer.