Most hated fans? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Most hated fans?

MF, all is good. I really hate all Philadelphia fans as they are so unintelligent and violent.

As far as I can tell, here are the fans in the Premier League that are most hated from an unbiased standpoint (no Norwich grudges):

-Liverpool: Very unrealistic about their team, the way they play, their players, and fouls called.
-Arsenal: Like Liverpool, very sore whenever a call goes against them or a cheeky one goes for them.
-Man U: MF you and I know the deal..."I'm a soccer fan. I support Man U."

An honorable mention would be Villa, as they always seem to get around to telling people they've won when they have, but couldn't fill their stadium against Man City at home.

If I had to make a suggestion, I'd say to support a Championship team. Even a promising League 1 side such as Wolves or Peterborough would be a fine choice. For me, as much as being in a lower league can suck, it makes you feel much closer to the club supporting your team. The BEIN channel occasionally shows Championship games, you can find streams online, and even play by play. Most teams have a YouTube channel where they post highlights of every game, too. Sure, the coverage isn't nearly as good and it's much harder to watch your team live, but it makes you feel a bigger part of the team. You also will gain a decent amount of respect over here in the US for staying true to a team through the leagues.

As for lower league teams with hated fans, Millwall, Leeds, and Sheffield United come to mind quickly. It's his choice ultimately. As long as it's not Ipswich...

Now we are in the Prem , I don't feel as close to the club as I did in the League One days . Then I was often going mad down the front near to the players , went to lots of games as it was cheaper , met and talked to McNasty at Walsall , and was invited to the away fans party that season and met the manager and all the players ! No chance nowadays .

These last few years living abroad has meant that i have been distanced from the club and if it weren't for finding Vital i would not have had any real link. This has corresponded with our rise up the leagues and consequently I have little or no knowledge of fan bases except for what I read and hear from others. Obviously I am influenced by what I read here and therefore cannot really contribute to this discussion because everything i know has already been said by our match attendees. But, Ipswich remains the only away game where I was attacted bya so-called supporter/bully and Man City supporters the only ones who reminded me of a day trip to the zoo. But, from a purely subjective standpoint the only fans i really do not like are from clubs in lower leagues, Bury, NottIngham Forest and Swindon, and for a variety of reasons. But I agree that things are a darn sight better than the used to be, at grounds at least. Ithink what really gets me is the belief by some supporters that for some reason or another they think their club has a right to success, based usually on their history as perhaps a top club.

Hello, I'm Marc's friend who posed the question. Growing up here in the States as a gridiron fan, some fan bases have become notorious for their rude and/or obnoxious behavior. In the NFL, the Eagles and Raiders fans carry this distinction (my opinion only). Dallas Cowboys fans come in two flavors: T-shirt fans, and those that every year will tell you ad naseum why the 'Boys are winning the Super Bowl and the rest of the league doesn't stand a chance. In baseball, the Yankees and Red Sox fans to me seem the most obnoxious (for different reasons). Cubs fans get tagged as going for the experience of the game rather than supporting the team. As I stated in another thread, the NBC network seems to have their focus on making new American fans followers of one of the PL's Big 6, which doesn't feel right to me.

So as a "new" fan to PL, I was curious as to how you see the fan bases of the other teams. I thank you all for having replied already to my missive, and look forward to talking about the matches all season.

Good to have you on the forum.

This is Vital Football, this forum is obviously dedicated to City Talk Football as in NCFC...Not Soccer..American Football..Basketball..Or silly girls rounders.

Enjoy.