Millers Linked With Owls Midfielder | Vital Football

Millers Linked With Owls Midfielder

A small world, Caz. If you remember I suggested Byers in January but he preferred Blackpool (not sure if we ever tried seriously to bring him in). Blackpool fans rate him but he is (reputedly) on £14K a week - Owls may be paying some (?) Rumours that Blackpool are also after Raggett and Michael Smith.
Byers is generally highy regarded on OwlsTalk. His departure in January surprised many. Suggestion was that since an injury Rohl not convinced he could perform consistently at Championship level. As well as Huddersfield and Barnsley, Birmingham, Blackpool, Bolton and Oxford are interested. Hm. If we want him it will be a test of our attractiveness to players perhaps?

Last edited:
The Owls exercised an option to keep Byers in June 2023 so presumably he's now a free agent. He managed 38 games last season so seems to be over his groin problems. Only surprise at Blackpool was that he didn't score in 14 games. For the Owls in L1 over two seasons he was scoring 1 in 4. He'd be a very good addition but wages would seem to me a stumbling block?

Sorry to go off the subject. I have found a player who I like that is available. Marvin Ekpiteta.
We tried to sign Marvin Ekpiteta back in July 2019.
Reports at that time say we had bid £300k.

From the local Media….
“ The Millers have been on the trail of Blackpool's Curtis Tilt and another central defender, believed to be Leyton Orient's Marvin Ekpiteta.”

Some of the media are advocating Leyton Orient re-sign M.E.

Not sure signing ex-Owls players is a good idea. Most of those players in recent years have been of a very poor standard, plus when Millers fans realise that once again, they will be on the players backs straight away. Best avoided. It's not like we would be signing Ron Springett, Johnny Qinnn, John Fantham , etc... it would be more like Roger Wylde, If that...

Yes, I know that they were way behind us, then caught us up and overtook us. With somebody in charge at RUFC who was even slightly less amateurish than TS , MT and LR would that have happened?
:confused:

Last edited: