Michelin star lineup..for food! | Vital Football

Michelin star lineup..for food!

Spursex

Alert Team
https://bdaily.co.uk/articles/2017/10/25/tottenham-hotspur-adds-michelin-star-lineup-to-club-s-new-stadium?utm_source=bulletin&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2017-10-26-london&utm_content=lead-story-title

Tottenham Hotspur adds Michelin star lineup to club's new stadium

Today (October 25), Tottenham Hotspur - along with its Official Catering Partner, Levy Restaurants UK - has further enhanced the premium offering at its new stadium through announcing a partnership with Michelin-starred chef, Chris Galvin.

Lifelong Tottenham Hotspur fan, Galvin, is the latest name announced to be bringing his fine-dining experience to the On Four lounges and suites at the venue, along with the Roux family, as the club aims to redefine the premium experience within football.

Scheduled to open next year, On Four, located on level four of the 61,559-capacity stadium, will offer a line-up of world-renowned chefs in one location, providing a level of choice never achieved at a sporting venue.

Andy O’Sullivan, director of hospitality at Tottenham Hotspur, said: “We are delighted to bring Chris Galvin on board as we further add to our line-up of chefs that will form part of the premium offering at our new stadium.

“By welcoming first the Roux family and now Chris, we are developing an unrivalled premium experience for guests On Four.”

In total, six signature chefs, who run a combined 18 restaurants in locations ranging from London to Dubai, will provide a refined and varied menu for guests on different match days throughout the season, bringing some of the world’s greatest food to North London.

Experiences that can be found On Four include the flagship restaurant and lounge The H Club. Situated on the halfway line and set to rival the most exclusive members’ clubs London has to offer.

A glass-fronted, temperature-controlled display Vault offers guests the opportunity to store their favourite wines, cognacs and liquors in The H Club throughout the season, while guests will also experience the exclusive presentation of the Man of the Match award after each game.

Galvin is also joining Albert, Michel Roux Jr and Emily Roux in bringing his critically acclaimed cuisine to On Four at Tottenham Hotspur matches next season, with the remaining signature chefs set to be announced soon.

Chris, who in partnership with his brother Jeff, opened Demoiselle Dubai and Galvin Dubai earlier this year, adding to London-based Michelin star restaurants Galvin at Windows and La Chapelle, is to design and prepare the entire On Four menu and oversee the service delivery at a range of Tottenham Hotspur matches next season.

Also available On Four will be Super Suites that can be fully customised by an interior designer to reflect an individual’s or brand’s values, and Loge suites that offer the intimacy of a private dining experience and the atmosphere of a restaurant and bar.

Galvin said: “I’m extremely excited to be working with Tottenham Hotspur and bringing my food and service to guests On Four.

“This is my first partnership with a sporting venue and I can’t wait for the challenge. I am a lifelong fan and my family grew up close to Tottenham and know the area well so from a personal point of view it’s great to be part of a project that is transforming the local area as well as redefining the visitor experience in football.”

When complete, the club’s new stadium will support more than 3,700 jobs, with £293m pumped into the local economy each year - an enormous impact for an area in real need of new jobs and more economic activity.

Set to open in 2018, London’s largest capacity football club ground will feature a retractable grass field for Tottenham Hotspur home fixtures with an artificial surface underneath that will be multi-use and capable of hosting NFL matches, concerts and other high-profile events.

Well.... It's good if you can afford it, but what it does mean is that we become a very hot prospect for corporate packages which will earn the club a small fortune.

My friend works on the sales for Chelsea VIP packages and they Start from £300 and go up to £800 for the basic packages (price depends on opposition).

Each of those rooms can seat around 50 people and ramp that up by the price and that's a lot.

Thing is, Chelsea fail on the most part to sell their hospitality seats - those packages are fairly basic. Us doing something like this will almost certainly ensure we do for most matches. A businessman wanting to take a client to a football match on the company card will chose spurs - great team, great stadium, great Food, great overall package.

I just hope they do plenty to give the average fan and equally good deal. Give us ****ty £4 burgers and pints, maybe even a meal deal that chucks in a chocolate bar too! Haha

Bottom line Dave is that there are a lot of mugs, ooops I mean life-long fans like me who like rubbing shoulders and have great conversations with our legends and who now prefer to get to a game a couple of hours before, eat and drink in comfort/style - have a good three courser, (generally an excellent meal), as much to drink as you want - a drink waiting for you at half time and a drink and more food after the game - when the real football conversations with people in and around the club tend to happen....

It's an experience, some don't do it all the time, but I once took Ox from here to (I think) it was the le arse game at home - sent back blathered, but he absolutely loved it.

Of course, I/we know we're paying through the nose, but guests tend to love it and it does often help with relationships between businesses.

Of course the club wins and wins big as 10,000 corporate/dinning guests will exceed the revenue of the other 50,000 fans !

Now if they'd only bring back standing it would be a win, win, win win...!

Spursex - 26/10/2017 14:19

Bottom line Dave is that there are a lot of mugs, ooops I mean life-long fans like me who like rubbing shoulders and have great conversations with our legends and who now prefer to get to a game a couple of hours before, eat and drink in comfort/style - have a good three courser, (generally an excellent meal), as much to drink as you want - a drink waiting for you at half time and a drink and more food after the game - when the real football conversations with people in and around the club tend to happen....

It's an experience, some don't do it all the time, but I once took Ox from here to (I think) it was the le arse game at home - sent back blathered, but he absolutely loved it.

Of course, I/we know we're paying through the nose, but guests tend to love it and it does often help with relationships between businesses.

Of course the club wins and wins big as 10,000 corporate/dinning guests will exceed the revenue of the other 50,000 fans !

Now if they'd only bring back standing it would be a win, win, win win...!

I've been cheeky a few times at Chelsea. If they're the early kick off and my mate has managed to get some of the spare tickets, I turn up 2 hours early, eat all the Michel Roux inspired food, drink about 2 bottles of wine and a few Guinness' then fuck off to WHL, either when the match starts or at half time.

When Chelsea were doing **** a couple of years back, I went to about 5 games in a row and saw them lose 3 of them. Oh it was magic and all free! To be fair I don't really remember the games... Just waking up with an almighty hangover the following day! Haha

But yeah, the hospitality thing is good. Had a discussion with a long time season ticket holder last week actually and he was saying that although he thinks it's a great novelty, nothing beats being sat in the shelf side, shouting "****" as loud as you can and standing the whole match after arriving 5 mins into the first half from the two brewers, and to be fair, I agree with that!