Meanwhile off the pitch | Vital Football

Meanwhile off the pitch

runner_pie

Vital Reserves Team
I know that a few rumours have been doing the rounds about new owners or investors coming in and with that in mind, I found Colin Slater's comments about us looking like a totally different club by the end of the month to be quite intriguing. He went on to say that as well as a new manager, we could be looking at 2-4 new signings, which is clearly a change but a totally different club?

In his programme notes, Ray Trew said that as we head into 2016, he was more confident than ever before that the good times would be coming back. On the face of it, with no manager and a team lying 17th in League 2, that looks like a strange thing to say unless things are happening that we have no knowledge of to create such optimism. So is there more to all of this than meets the eye or am I adding 2+2 and getting 5?

I'd love to get excited about rumours of a cash injection, but with us it nearly always ends in tears or leaves us with unsustainable debt (Scardino / Munto). I would trust Ray Trew more than most not to put the club at risk, but even if we did get investment I'm not sure I'd trust the current set up to spend it wisely.