MATCH THREAD v Luton 30th March 3 pm | Page 10 | Vital Football

MATCH THREAD v Luton 30th March 3 pm

Good result, could've and should've been a, great result two posts, and one which was a millimetre 'not over the line saw us out of a 4-1win, (bet Geoff Hirst is glad goal line tech wasn't around in 66),that's as close to a goal as I've ever seen, yet not given, (but that's our luck,) could you see the same for Manure or Pool, that would be given.
Any ways, usual issues, conceded early, chasing the game dominated possession, we were again the better team by a mile.
Re their goal, for me Son lost possession and some one, either Son or Udogie needed to upend Townshend, that's how their goal was created. Son was too lazy to get back and too weak to do the dirty tackle..
Any ways, a win is a win, we could be Chelsea clutching at straws, thinking they deserved something against 10 men Burnley.
NEXT

Updated total points prediction table.

The projected total is based on the average number of points won per game this season so far multiplied by the number of remaining games.

The table order is determined by those tracking closest to the projected score.

Tottenham's projected points total73
PosterPredicted totalTracking
lijaboc74-1
spurs195472-1
totalspurs71-2
Geofspurs76-3
Pompey Yid76-3
Greavswasthegreatest76-3
muttley70-3
cobhspurs69-4
Gary Onedaysoon68-5
steveperryman68-5
SheringhamNo1067-6
vinniecopenhagen80-7
Walthamstow wanderer80-7
Spursex66-7
USAFSPURS63-10
TQ2Spurs62-11

Completely underwhelming, but a win's a win. I seldom comment on individual performances, but Porro's crossing and finishing yesterday were a disgrace. Postco has to do more to ensure that we don't just hit and hope in the misguided belief that we are better than the others, whereby the win is guaranteed. A lot of what I saw yesterday was pretty unprofessional.

Completely underwhelming, but a win's a win. I seldom comment on individual performances, but Porro's crossing and finishing yesterday were a disgrace. Postco has to do more to ensure that we don't just hit and hope in the misguided belief that we are better than the others, whereby the win is guaranteed. A lot of what I saw yesterday was pretty unprofessional.
Strange, I thought Porro was one of the only players trying to make things happen in the 1st half! He had very little to aim at

I don't rate luck, good or bad. We've had our share of both this season. We simply don't yet do enough to avoid the bad hurting us or the good being unnecessary. A case in point yesterday, it could've been an easy win with better luck but it wasn't. We have players who can have brilliant moments in a game but can also be sloppy too often. Kulu was awful and Udogie frustrating. I did not like the fact that so many of the Fulham bottlers started again. LoCo looked well up for it when he came on and we have more chance to unsettle defences with Richie up front.

Ah well, ladies n gentlemen, a win is a win simple as that, though we didn't make it that simple Lol!

On another day!

I think we are doing quite well considering the doom n gloom preseason, lessons are being learnt by the players, some of them I think are letting Angie down.

Angie himself is learning, so not bad for a Prem rookie coach only being in charge 9 months.

Onwards n upwards for me. COYS

Can anyone help?
Why wasn’t the cross put in from Johnson registered as an Assist on our first goal ?

It wasn’t , and I’m informed it was because it was an own goal .

Eh ? Really ?
Can anyone explain ….. please .

Son is only three goals behind Harland this season , and was a whisker away from being only one behind .

Can anyone help?
Why wasn’t the cross put in from Johnson registered as an Assist on our first goal ?

It wasn’t , and I’m informed it was because it was an own goal .

Eh ? Really ?
Can anyone explain ….. please .

Son is only three goals behind Harland this season , and was a whisker away from being only one behind .

Pretty simple really, the main stats provider these days is Opta and they don't record an assist if its an own goal.

It's possible for a goal to have no recorded assist, but this ultimately comes down to who is recording the statistic and how lenient they are.

Assist statistics can be recorded by competition organisers, journalists, or fantasy football leagues, and whether or not a player is credited with an assist can vary depending on where the stats are coming from.

AD
In the case of a clean, simple cross into the box being tucked away by an attacker, it becomes pretty obvious how the assist is awarded; however, when it comes to some of the stricter organisations, there are a few situations in which an assist won't be recorded.

In general though, the rules are pretty lenient; there's no time limit for how long the scorer can be on the ball before netting, so theoretically a player could dribble around for 10 minutes before scoring and the person who gave them the ball in the first place would still end up grabbing an assist. What is clear is that as soon as an interception is made by another player, no assist is given.

Do Players Get Assists For Own Goals?​

It's worth taking a look at the work of statistical experts Opta: their analysis of assists in football. The definition of an assist according to Opta is "the final touch (pass, pass-cum-shot or any other touch) leading to the recipient of the ball scoring a goal.

If the final touch (as defined in bold) is deflected by an opposition player, the initiator is only given a goal assist if the receiving player was likely to receive the ball without the deflection having taken place. Own goals, directly taken free kicks, direct corner goals and penalties do not get an assist awarded."

AD

So there you have it: you can't have an assist from an own goal. At the same time, it's worth noting Opta are harsher than some other statistic recorders.

You wouldn't know it but it's been a hot topic since Opta first establish 'assists' as a stat!

I didn't go, but from what I could glean from the recording, we once again didn't vary our approach in the first half and teams know exactly what to expect, Bissouma is our pivot and he's so out of sorts, we suffer badly without his normal energy and drive.

I'm told he's still not fully fit and the decision has been made to try to play him into fitness, if true, it isn't working.

Overall we deserved the win and it should have been by more. teams know exactly what to do to us.

We looked unbalanced on the left defensive side, but in Fairness Dragu is not naturally left sided, but did grow into the game and after his almost disastrous last appearance that would have done his confidence a world of good.

Ange insists that we shouldn't read anything into going behind for the fourth time; he is right of course, the only meaningful stat is we came back to win, but it is worrying to see our press (very half hearted at times because of Biss) being so easily countered.

Big games coming up now; everyone needs to be fit, or the spam will have a field day....

Pretty simple really, the main stats provider these days is Opta and they don't record an assist if its an own goal.

It's possible for a goal to have no recorded assist, but this ultimately comes down to who is recording the statistic and how lenient they are.

Assist statistics can be recorded by competition organisers, journalists, or fantasy football leagues, and whether or not a player is credited with an assist can vary depending on where the stats are coming from.

AD
In the case of a clean, simple cross into the box being tucked away by an attacker, it becomes pretty obvious how the assist is awarded; however, when it comes to some of the stricter organisations, there are a few situations in which an assist won't be recorded.

In general though, the rules are pretty lenient; there's no time limit for how long the scorer can be on the ball before netting, so theoretically a player could dribble around for 10 minutes before scoring and the person who gave them the ball in the first place would still end up grabbing an assist. What is clear is that as soon as an interception is made by another player, no assist is given.

Do Players Get Assists For Own Goals?​

It's worth taking a look at the work of statistical experts Opta: their analysis of assists in football. The definition of an assist according to Opta is "the final touch (pass, pass-cum-shot or any other touch) leading to the recipient of the ball scoring a goal.

If the final touch (as defined in bold) is deflected by an opposition player, the initiator is only given a goal assist if the receiving player was likely to receive the ball without the deflection having taken place. Own goals, directly taken free kicks, direct corner goals and penalties do not get an assist awarded."

AD

So there you have it: you can't have an assist from an own goal. At the same time, it's worth noting Opta are harsher than some other statistic recorders.

You wouldn't know it but it's been a hot topic since Opta first establish 'assists' as a stat!
Ta mate , very weird as surely Werner couldn’t have missed from there. ….. or could he ?????