Match Thread: Morecambe v Lincoln City | Page 20 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Morecambe v Lincoln City

Barnet used Akinde as a finisher; Lincoln use him as a target man who is there to receive the ball, hold it up, create a diversion and create openings for others. For someone playing an unfamiliar role, I think he is doing that brilliantly.

Agree, but I do also think he is very reluctant to take shots. Even when in, or close to the box, he is much more inclined to pass than create an opportunity for himself. Which I guess is where Norfolk Imp is coming from?

Agree, but I do also think he is very reluctant to take shots. Even when in, or close to the box, he is much more inclined to pass than create an opportunity for himself. Which I guess is where Norfolk Imp is coming from?

Maybe he's on an even juicier assist bonus? ;)

He is growing on me, a bit like Bossie in midfield last season; it's not the most pleasing on the eye but whilst results are good it's hard to be too critical. I think it's fair to say he's not playing the role most of us thought he would when he signed and I think most of the 'critisism' comes from that confusion.

He scored 50 (FIFTY) goals at this level between 2015-17 for a poor Barnet side, I saw clips of these when he signed and most were absolute belters (head, right foot, left foot) .... I’ve seen no evidence of this at all this season, although I accept he ‘does a job’ and probably what DC asks of him.

I’d never criticise him during a game itself, in fact I positively urge him to do well .... but I’ll be damned if gonna lie about his goals from open play to games ratio .... it’s dismal, especially for a side that has been top all season.
How many goals did the rest of the team score?

Says something when other teams fans would have him in a heartbeat. Keep it up JA ??
Started to post something similar last week but didn't want to get drawn into the debate, but on every thread I've read from opposing fans, the answer to which one of our player would you have? They all say Big John.