Match Thread: Guiseley AFC V Lincoln City | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Guiseley AFC V Lincoln City

I believe we budget for defeat in the qualifying round i.e. gate receipts from the first game only so any replay, prize money and everything thereafter should be kerching. Anybody able to confirm or repute.

Decent game. Good result. Torturous journey there and back! Pleased I haven't got another hour on top of it back to Lincoln.
Won't be rushing back on boxing day.

plumbob - 18/10/2016 23:28

Decent game. Good result. Torturous journey there and back! Pleased I haven't got another hour on top of it back to Lincoln.

Two hours going from Lincoln. An hour and a half back :cheers:

oldimpsfan - 18/10/2016 22:38

Chester will be laughing as the Goats forum descends into meltdown..........

Nah, they'll be happy with moral victory and a place in the 1st round of the moral cup.

cdhIMP - 18/10/2016 23:43

plumbob - 18/10/2016 23:28

Two hours going from Lincoln. An hour and a half back :cheers:
I assume not via M621, where we sat for about 30 minutes whilst I think they were cutting the grass.
Worst part is. I got home and my wife, who works in Leeds, tells me that they were in process of shutting the road down when she came home! :wack:

Scotimp - 18/10/2016 21:55

Without counting any chickens, a win over Altrincham must surely be a given. Therefore we are effectively 90 minutes from the third round. Although we'll probably get Palace away again...

Sorry Sir, but I think you've just counted every chicken in the whole of Lincolnshire with that one, as have others one here in assuming we can just turn up and beat Altrincham.

I said when the Guiseley draw was made and many on here were celebrating a win before a ball was kicked that it would be a tough game and so it proved. Also, surely no-one posting on here needs any sort of reminder on how terrible our cup record is, and how we very regularly get turned over by teams lower down the leagues. In my time, we've been dumped out by Stafford, Emley, Dag & Red (when they were non-league), Kettering, and of course the Whitehawk debacle last year. In three of those 4 games, we didn't make home advantage count so I for one will repeat what I said when the 4QR draw was made... I'm mildly pleased at getting a home tie, and that's about it. We'll need to be right on our game to beat motivated opponents who have nothing to lose.

I would assume that if we were drawn away to a League 2 side (or even a League 1 team) in the next round we would all be confident we could cause an upset if we played to our potential. I'm sure Altrincham are no different and neither should they be. The whole point of the cup is that it gives teams from different leagues a chance to cause upsets, sometimes of a far greater degree than Atrincham beating Lincoln. Ask any Wrexham fan today.

Prepare as hard as ever, never under-estimate your opponent and give your absolute all. That will give us the best chance of progressing.

Nah. Even Notty Meldrew thinks we should easily beat Alty.

Mind you, I've been wrong, wrong, wrong all season! :eek:

Anyone who thinks we will have an easy game against Alty are in for a shock look at this week both York and Wrexham have been beaten by teams down the pyramid it will not be an easy game.

It is a game that we should be able to win and if we do it could really boost our promotion challenge giving the Cowleys the opportunity to strengthen the squad.

Also I hope we sign Robinson I think he has that bit of class and guile that we need and could make the difference like last night.

If you think our FA a Cup record is bad Torquay have not won a game in the FA Cup since 2011 and since they left the league they have gone out in the 4th qualifying round every season.

There are some photographs of the game on a link on the Guiseley forum - repeated here:

http://www.alexdanielphotos.co.uk/p975186434/h1a862fcb#h670521c

The relevant photo is number 96. Quite clearly, Brown is leading with his elbow and jumping into Habergham - he isn't even looking at Habergham, he is looking the other way entirely. Guilty as charged!