Match Thread Blakpool v Reading | Page 4 | Vital Football

Match Thread Blakpool v Reading

Kouassi never won a header bar 1 flick on and then his goalšŸ¤£
Young lad, missed a really good chance but will learn off Rhodes.
Virtue had a decent first half as did Dougall.
Norburn had his best game for us today.
Dale - put over some good crosses but still not convinced by him.
Thougt he closed down well today, received a rocket off NC in the first half.
CJ was everything today that he wasn't last week.
We won virtually every second ball today.
It could have been and probably should have 6 or 7.
Pleased Readi g scored, for one reason only, my lad sent his bet through to me after Rhodes first goalšŸ˜Screenshot_20230923_164243_WhatsApp.jpg

Looked very solid and unlike other games we were first to the ball 90% of the time. Fighting spirit that I haven't as yet seen well done.
Some individual notes;
Norburn - for me, still flattering to deceive. Played OK but his ball control and distribution was again quite poor.
Dale - played well overall and almost got rewarded with a goal.
CJ - played his role well. Sometimes his end ball is lacking but caused them problems all game.
Rhodes - the eternal poacher. Was always a threat.
Weir - how the HELL did he miss that sitter? My Missus would have buried that!
Lavery - to be fair he looked a bit unfit which isn't unexpected after so long out. He needs to work on his ball control though as so often his first touch lets him down.

Overall, brilliant result and something to work on going forward. Reading were a poor side though (the worst I've seen so far this term) but a win is a win.
UTMP!

How I saw it . . .

Firstly that little short, fat lino didn't flag them offside once (my seat looks right down the 18 yard line) in the first half when they were off 4 or 5 times. So 2nd half I hoped he'd be as hospitable to the home team. He wasn't! šŸ˜” 6 times that flag went up, most weren't off.

Biggest positives for me were the midfield. Dale had a great game. I didn't know he had it in him winning the ball back, breaking up attacks, constantly niggling. Virtue looks class and Dougall has the strength and experience at this level by the bucket load. The weak link for me still is Weir. That missed effort summed him up. I'm hoping he settles down like Wintle and Embleton did.

Husband looks to be one of the first on the team sheet and Casey has earned that too. Norburn I agree had his best game. CJ when let loose is a much better player, he was much better. Kouassi was fantastic too. We've been crying out for a physical player who can hold it up. Rhodes was immense. His work rate off the ball put Jerry Yates to shame. He was a class above everyone especially the Reading defence.

2nd half we were much poorer for losing Dougall and Kouassi for Weir and Lavery. And Dale going off too was a big loss. We won the first half 3-0 and drew the 2nd half 1-1. The starting line up and formation and tactics should be the template or our datum setting for future fixtures.