MATCH DAY THREAD : Burnley v The Mighty Blades | Page 9 | Vital Football

MATCH DAY THREAD : Burnley v The Mighty Blades

The one player that looks quality and had great reviews was Bogle. So why not play him even in midfield. He has to be better than Ampadu, Norwood or Osborn.

I think we need to see more than a cameo appearance from Bogle to say he's quality, that's not dismissing his contribution at Brighton by the way. Maybe a brave interviewer could ask him why Bogle isn't getting game time, then stand well back. As the manager he still has to get a performance out of Ampadu, Norwood, Osborn and Fleck that's part of his job, he has to find the solutions.

“Jayden and Max will put huge pressure on George (Baldock) and Enda (Stevens). It was important we got the right characters, the right type of players, ones who are athletic and technically very good, both are modern day wing backs and I’m looking forward to working with them.
“We’ve got a clear plan and identification of what we need and we’re still going through that process. We’re not just signing players because other people are in for them, we’re signing these players because they fit into what we are about.
“It’s game on for everyone, it’s not a warning, it’s a fact and yet again I have to thank the board for making the two permanent signings happen because it’s a great bit of business for the football club.”

I'm pretty sure Wilder wanted these two, and pretty convinced he would kick off if players were forced on him. Purely down to mediocre recruitment which Wilder is an active participant in.

Well after they'd signed what else is he going to say ? He's also put over Brewster as being a great investment, which is a hard sell seeing as the lad looks a long way off being a PL ready striker.

It was the first time last night CW alluded to a transfer window being dificult, he usually pats himself on the back over how well he's done. Whether he's got the mards on because Swift, Cash and Antonee Robinson didn't get over the line or there's something more only time will tell.

We're the worst team in PL history, there's bound to be stories to tell. And eventually they will get told.

Well after they'd signed what else is he going to say ? He's also put over Brewster as being a great investment, which is a hard sell seeing as the lad looks a long way off being a PL ready striker.

It was the first time last night CW alluded to a transfer window being dificult, he usually pats himself on the back over how well he's done. Whether he's got the mards on because Swift, Cash and Antonee Robinson didn't get over the line or there's something more only time will tell.

We're the worst team in PL history, there's bound to be stories to tell. And eventually they will get told.

I would have thought he would be telling the truth, the alternative is somebody else is signing the players and Wilder is a puppet. Interesting theory but don't see Wilder as anybodies puppet.

Just putting this out there but bearing in mind the majority seem to want Wilder to stay do we need a change elsewhere. I am talking about Alan Knill ?. Does Wilder need a new wing man to challenge him ?.

I have read posts worrying about Wilders health and the stress and pressure he is under. I disagree, its a job, he is paid more in a year than most of us get in 15. I doubt at this stage if he walked he would not be struggling financially and will still have a roof over his head and the ability to look after his family and loved ones.

You want to see real stress and pressure, there are people currently out of work that are having to use food banks to feed their families, I know guys that have lost businesses and possibly will lose their homes and in some cases their families due to shut downs with Covid. That's stress and pressure.

I have read posts worrying about Wilders health and the stress and pressure he is under. I disagree, its a job, he is paid more in a year than most of us get in 15. I doubt at this stage if he walked he would not be struggling financially and will still have a roof over his head and the ability to look after his family and loved ones.

You want to see real stress and pressure, there are people currently out of work that are having to use food banks to feed their families, I know guys that have lost businesses and possibly will lose their homes and in some cases their families due to shut downs with Covid. That's stress and pressure.
100 percent pal spot on. i find it a little insulting for people to feel sorry for him and say he needs a rest an all that. id love that kind of money going in the bank for failing at mi job. him himself would scoff at people feeling sorry for him ,and would be very annoyed id imagine. butter up buttercup

It matters not how much money you have if you are upset and unhappy.
CW and all Blades don't want money we want wins.

Last edited:
100 percent pal spot on. i find it a little insulting for people to feel sorry for him and say he needs a rest an all that. id love that kind of money going in the bank for failing at mi job. him himself would scoff at people feeling sorry for him ,and would be very annoyed id imagine. butter up buttercup

No need to be insulted Twirls - as the Board's resident softie I'm allowed to feel a bit sorry for him surely?

It may be that he can't see the (dead) wood for the trees, being so close to it.

Probably true - someone needs to challenge him............the emporer with no clothes springs to mind. However great leaders are typically very single-minded people - which is why they are great leaders.

Probably true - someone needs to challenge him............the emporer with no clothes springs to mind. However great leaders are typically very single-minded people - which is why they are great leaders.
He's certainly giving himself the chance to prove it.

I've wondered aloud on here whether he has a mentor- he needs someone more objective. It's great being strong, doing it yourself but , when that fails, you either change your ways or change your job????

He's certainly giving himself the chance to prove it.

I've wondered aloud on here whether he has a mentor- he needs someone more objective. It's great being strong, doing it yourself but , when that fails, you either change your ways or change your job????

He's been the big personality at the Lane for the past 5 years....doubt anybody else comes close. Elsewhere....I hope he does.