Mark Catlin launches "a cannonball through the good ship pompey" | Vital Football

Mark Catlin launches "a cannonball through the good ship pompey"

I thought one of the most interesting things to come out of that interview is that only a third of their fans chose to donate the rest of their season ticket money to the club whereas our fans it was 80odd% that donated money to the club by taking shares so it shows me which set of fans are most engaged with the club.

The other thing is none of their fans got a thankyou for donating the money whereas we got a very nice message from Clive thanking us when we clicked on donate and take the shares.

Makes you realise how well run our club is and how truly valued the fans are.

There are some startling figures revealed in relation to wages and what the new salary cap means but some implications for youth development. The PFA appeal is mentioned in terms of restraint of trade which could mean the salary cap is challenged legally and I was interested in the bit where he said they are looking into how they deal with the salary cap if the legal challenge is defeated! Not saying he is shonky or anything. He acknowledges that clubs voted with self interest in mind except of course his own club. I wonder which chairman he had a heated debate with and their view of Mr Catlin. He came across badly and appeared insincere around the refund issue. He is big pal with the Peterborough chairman probably because their egos match!

It was interesting to hear an historically bigger club's perspective. I sympathise to a degree with his complaint that FFP where clubs are allowed to spend according to seat sales and transfer activity is fairer for them than a 2.5 million wage cap.

It was interesting to hear an historically bigger club's perspective. I sympathise to a degree with his complaint that FFP where clubs are allowed to spend according to seat sales and transfer activity is fairer for them than a 2.5 million wage cap.
Ammount likely to increase on that basis.