Mansfield away | Page 2 | Vital Football

Mansfield away

The away support has been excellent this season, can’t fault many for not wanting their noses rubbed in it with a Mansfield promotion party and likely another two bob Gills performance this season.

At half time against Harrogate I was ready to book my Mansfield away ticket…thankfully I didn’t. 😁
Couldn`t care less about Mansfield, they`re going up, they deserve the promotion, their fans deserve the celebration.

I`ll simply be thinking "that`ll be us next season", whilst also pondering that had Gills still been in the current race for a play-off position I probably wouldn`t be sitting there. As the 650 allocation would have been snapped up by ST holders, including no doubt, some from the Johnny-come-lately band wagon.

Back in the day, regardless of our league position, the last away game of the season was always a bit of a party affair on the coach. Good memories.

They're immune to our crapness, they've known nothing else in their short lives.

I keep telling them that it has been better than this; that we once had stand-out players and played quality football and scored phenomenal goals (plural) in games that meant something.

I'm not sure they believe me...
Not sure I believe you either - memory fades at my age

They're immune to our crapness, they've known nothing else in their short lives.

I keep telling them that it has been better than this; that we once had stand-out players and played quality football and scored phenomenal goals (plural) in games that meant something.

I'm not sure they believe me...
It's certainly been a tough ask to be a Gills fan over the last few years.
There's always next year.

Always find it strange that players dont want to go for a title when they get the chance. I remember mad dog saying he asked the players if they wanted to go for the title after promotion was secured.

Could be interesting run of games for our opponents.

Possible that barrow could all but secure playoffs and mansfield promotion when they play us.

Doncaster are on a storming run so they could yet be playoff dark horses when they play us
Mad dog himself missed a history making landmark when he picked the kids at Burton in our last away game. We could easily have won that last game and certainly would not have lost with the full team out. Pretty spiteful to pick relatives over young Hess too.

1963/4 W 23 D 14 L 9 GF 59 GA 30

2012/13 W 23 D 14 L 9 GF 66 GA 39