Manchester City v Arsenal - Community Shield - Sunday 6th July 2023, KO - 16:00 BST - MDT | Page 8 | Vital Football

Manchester City v Arsenal - Community Shield - Sunday 6th July 2023, KO - 16:00 BST - MDT

Hope we pick ourselves up in time for Friday at Burnley.
Which reminds me. Why do we have to play a day earlier than anyone else??

It was entertaining game, we are going to get daft added on times, but why are the added on far longer than the first half, there should be an official timekeeper, because we might at aswell play 50 mins each half with no extra

I wonder where they got 8 minutes from, but the injury to both players added enough time for the Gooners to fluke a goal
New rules. Timings of substitutions and stoppages including goal celebrations is going to be timed more exactly so we will see a lot more of these extended finishes.

I think we’d have gotten over the line were it not for the extra minutes added on for the injury stoppage.

Hope we pick ourselves up in time for Friday at Burnley.
Which reminds me. Why do we have to play a day earlier than anyone else??
As Colin said. TV. He who pays the piper gets to set up the Champions of the PL v the winners of the Championship managed by former City hero.

What are the chances eh?

Not even my emergency shirt change for penalties could get us over the line.

So….overall we did ok given how rusty we are. Early days. Each team had period of dominance. The injury stoppage was not helpful and fatigue a factor whereas the fresh player was the one who worked some space.

Took a double deflection and penalties to beat us but the arrogant Arsenal will consider this as a sign that it’s their season. Long way to go twats.

Nice to see the new rules about punishing players for delaying restarts - hope they are applied consistently and players had better learn quickly and work on their stamina - games WILL become 100+ minutes on a regular basis now.

Not even my emergency shirt change for penalties could get us over the line.

So….overall we did ok given how rusty we are. Early days. Each team had period of dominance. The injury stoppage was not helpful and fatigue a factor whereas the fresh player was the one who worked some space.

Took a double deflection and penalties to beat us but the arrogant Arsenal will consider this as a sign that it’s their season. Long way to go twats.

Nice to see the new rules about punishing players for delaying restarts - hope they are applied consistently and players had better learn quickly and work on their stamina - games WILL become 100+ minutes on a regular basis now.
this could be a very long season, with even more games and longer matches