Manchester City - FC Copenhagen -Champions League Post Match Thread - Stats & Reaction | Page 2 | Vital Football

Manchester City - FC Copenhagen -Champions League Post Match Thread - Stats & Reaction

Basically it was game and tie over after the super fast start.

I think Haaland would've been proud to call Akanji's effort his own, and the second was a gift.

To be fair, a well worked FCC reply, but the third really did kill the game, and I don't think their keeper covered himself in glory with that one either.

The second half was a matter of playing out time and avoiding injury, as Gomez and Hamilton warmed up on the pitch during the break, so I was surprised Haaland came out, and then played the vast majority of it.

A full rest for Walker, Ake, KDB, Bernardo, half a game for Rodri, and twenty odd minutes for Stones.

I understand Nunes' finger break is a bit graphic, so I've not seen Bama's post, but he should be OK - it has been noticeable that both Dias and Foden have been playing recently with hand strappings, so I wonder if they have similar problems?

Listening to the radio coming home, and it was reported there that Real Madrid were average against Leipzig, who were rated the better side on the night - it looked that way from the brief first half highlights shown on the big screen at HT.

'Old School'​

FT: Man City 3-1 FC Copenhagen (6-2 agg)
a0bb778d-1de0-4436-801f-c6aa1b05a204.jpg

Shay Given
Former Manchester City goalkeeper on BBC Radio 5 Live
As a goalkeeper, I played on with a dislocated finger and Matheus Nunes has gone off with one tonight. Maybe I'm old school.
It was sensible to take him off, maybe more than what it appeared, so why take any chances as we were in cruise control anyway.