Manchester City - Brentford Premier League Post Match Thread - Stats & Reaction | Page 3 | Vital Football

Manchester City - Brentford Premier League Post Match Thread - Stats & Reaction

Overall, not the most polished of City performances, but a win is a win.

Brentford are good at what they do, but I'll be honest and say I wouldn't like to watch that every week.
They had time wasting down to a tee tonight, and, as per usual, went down if they were sneezed on.
They are physical, but stayed just on the right side of the line for me tonight, there were several times where they just out muscled us.

Again, we didn't take our chances, but it was always going to be a game of patience against such a low block, and I thought Bobb was unlucky with his effort cleared off the line.

It always looked as though one goal would settle it, and if you look at it, it's a superbly worked move out of defence, with a little luck due to the defender slipping, but it looks as though Haaland has regained his touch in taking on the keeper 1 on 1 - a great finish.

I agree with Bama from the MDT that Foden should've done better with his 1 on 1 towards the end, that would've sealed the game.

The way it was going did cry out for KDB, yet you can only assume that he wasn't going to be risked tonight, and the eleven that started would more or less finish.

The way we wound down the clock by keeping the ball so well for that last twenty or so was excellent.
I was impressed with the progress of Oscar Bobb, obviously not the finished article, but he does show those flashes of skill which puts him in the above average category.