Makes Me Puke | Vital Football

Makes Me Puke

Sir Laz

Vital Football Hero
When you read in the papers that the likes of Man City preparing a £60m bid for a player,Arsenal prepared to pay a fortune for Dwayne Gooney knowing that iff we are lucky we might get an occassional player worth around the £10m mark,but in reality knowing that any players we will be recruiting to achieve mid table mediocrity will be priced in the £0 to £5m range.

I Laz but Mike the saviour is getting his money back. We could have a done a Portsmouth you know and ended up owning the club albeit in the 2nd division.

At the moment it doesn't bother me at all, what the fuck would Pardew do with a 60 million pound player anyway, ruin him. You can have a decent side without spending a fortune, see Dortmund, it of course means the people at the top not being inept arseholes.

It's all shite like.

Why can't we spend big?

The extra TV money adds up to our biggest ever season of income in our history. The extra £30 million can get us competing at the top without changing the current financial strategy and that's not including the allotted amount we put by for transfers per season.

We buy a top class centre back, a back up keeper, a proper attacking midfielder and two strikers. Then we'll see a season where there's no chance of relegation for no extra outlay.

Use the new cash as a grant.

I don't see why we can't compete with Everton and Liverpool but the top four are so far away from us you can barely see them. I think Wenger will actually spend big this summer and the two Manchester teams and Chelsea are financially way out of our league. It will be interesting to see what happens at Spurs with them having no CL money. If they lose Bale I can see them having a battle to hang onto fifth place.

There is no reason we can't compete with Everton Vin, we bring in more money than they do. Liverpool have a much higher turnover than us, but are still in a "rebuilding phase" spurs also have substantially higher turnover, although without champions league cash again this year they are potentially catchable... unless your owner is mike ashley in which case... keep dreaming

vin1892 - 26/5/2013 11:00

I don't see why we can't compete with Everton and Liverpool but the top four are so far away from us you can barely see them. I think Wenger will actually spend big this summer and the two Manchester teams and Chelsea are financially way out of our league. It will be interesting to see what happens at Spurs with them having no CL money. If they lose Bale I can see them having a battle to hang onto fifth place.

I've seen Spurs 3 or 4 times this season, that team without Bale is well away from the top 6. Every game I seen live he was the one they were looking for with the majority of there passes going forward or the first pass was to let him move to get the second.
I think they'll be devastated if he goes, they'd need a couple of class players to replace him.