Magpies v Rams | Vital Football

Magpies v Rams

Bloomeram

Alert Team
Yes it is coming home, footballs coming home to the oldest football league Club in the World and the World Famous Rams
notts rams.jpg

Yes it is coming home, footballs coming home to the oldest football league Club in the World and the World Famous Rams
View attachment 27893

I wonder how you will cope with David Vaughan in his new club. He was my favourite player at Forest last season. Also when where the Rams ever famous ? You only have to mention their name on TV's Pointless along with Central African Republic and you are a winner.:clap:

I wonder how you will cope with David Vaughan in his new club. He was my favourite player at Forest last season. Also when where the Rams ever famous ? You only have to mention their name on TV's Pointless along with Central African Republic and you are a winner.:clap:

Ever more tedious.

what's Nothingham famous for two ice skaters lace and Notts being the oldest club in football Oh and the A52 to God's country

Courtesy of RamsTV.......

Roos - Had nowt to do
Bogle - looked good
Keogh - Looked good
Pearce - looked good
Forsyth - looks back to his best
Johnson - looked good
Ledley - Looked good
Bryson - Impressed
Lawro - looked lively
Thomas - 2 good goals, very impressive
Nuge - Looked good

The formation? No idea as it all looks so fluid. Attacking as a unit. Defending as a unit. In possession the wide men go wide making it harder for the defence. Lots of interchanging of positions, quick passing, pressing the oppo when we lose the ball. Notts hardly given a kick.

It looks like Lamps has got his message over and we are in for some entertainment.

Completely changed team 2nd half. They have a lot to live up to. 2nd half report later.

2nd half started wih 9 changes, only Johnson and Bryson staying on. Defo a 1-4-3-3 formation but fluid. Notts were better 2nd half, started with the same XI and pressed Derby a bit more. Ended 1-4.

Mitchell - Not a lot to do. No chnace with the penalty. Looke good
Wisdom - Not as impressive as Bogle but good. Needs to get wider when we are in possession
Hanson - did OK but is not a CH
Davies - cool, calm and collected
Lowe - will push Fozzy for the LB role
Huddlestone - Class. 20 yarder as well.
Bryson - Lively for 13 minutes. Replaced by Butterfield who was jeered but inside 10 minutes had fans cheering him. Some good passes forward
Johnson - didn't seem to get into the 2nd half. Replaced by Elsink who looked busy.
Bennett - Looked very good. Scored one. Set up chances for others.
Blackman - Got into some good positions. Never got the ball he needed.
Jerome - busy as ever. Got in good positions, he will come good again

Quite content with the way both Rams sides played. If this fluid 1-4-3-3 is the Lampard way then I am all for it.

2nd half started wih 9 changes, only Johnson and Bryson staying on. Defo a 1-4-3-3 formation but fluid. Notts were better 2nd half, started with the same XI and pressed Derby a bit more. Ended 1-4.

Wisdom - Not as impressive as Bogle but good. Needs to get wider when we are in possession
Bryson - Lively for 13 minutes. Replaced by Butterfield who was jeered but inside 10 minutes had fans cheering him. Some good passes forward
Johnson - didn't seem to get into the 2nd half. Replaced by Elsink who looked busy.

Quite content with the way both Rams sides played. If this fluid 1-4-3-3 is the Lampard way then I am all for it.

Interesting except there is no such formation as 1-4-3-3, given that the goalie generally stays at the rear in most games!

If I may be so bold, these comprehensive reports fail to mention the score in the game? What was it?

So...what might be your starting XI when it really matters MA...and where do you think the real need for strengthening remains?

Pedant! The game was Notts County v DCFC....... Notts score published first as per usual in England.

Plus my first half report shows Thomas having scored 2 good goals...... kind of rules out Derby being the one. Especially as there is no mention of either being an own goal........

So...what might be your starting XI when it really matters MA...and where do you think the real need for strengthening remains?

Based on just two 45 minute practice matches, it's not much of a basis to judge things on but I will give it a go......... based on the fluid 1-4-3-3 we saw in both halve yesterday.

Keeper. Carson out through injury received in training on Friday. Both Roos and Mitchell were faultless. Ross had almost nothing to do. Mitchell slightly more, he went the right way for their penalty but couldn't get a hand to it. Carson

Right back. Both Bogle and Wisdom played well. I was, however, more impressed with Bogle who looks the real deal. Far more lively than Wisdom and also looked to go forward with the ball whereas Wisdom constantly checked to go inside or backwards slowing down the play. I think Bogle will appeal to FL. Bogle

Right side Centre half. Keogh or Hanson. Hanson is better as a DM. Keogh

Left side CH. Both played well but Davies is a class above Pearce. Davies

Left back. Two very good performances. I think Lowe is going to have to wait for his chance as Fozzy looked like the pre injury Fozzy again. Forsyth

Midfield. Huddlestone is a shoe in. Ledley played well enough but others were better. Johnson played just shy of an hour and did well. Bryson also had just shy of an hour and impressed. Elsink started slowly but got into the game well. Butterfield was jeered onto the park by a few eejits but he started a couple of good moves with decent forwards passes and got about the park well. Closer to the "old" Butters than we have seen for a while than the one who was sent out on loan. Huddlestone, Johnson and Bryson with Elsink my first choice for the bench.

Up top. A choice between Nuge, Jerome, Blackman, Bennett, Lawrence and Thomas. None of them had a bad game and all could get in, yes, even Blackman. He made a couple of errors but got into some great positions and was unlucky not to get a decent pass from a teammate. One blocked shot of his saw Bennett pick up the loose ball and score. Based simply on these two 45 minute showings, I would be tempted to go the lightweight route. They got 3 goals between them and Lawro hit the bar with a cracking 25 yarder. Lawrence, Bennett, Thomas.

Again, these thoughts are based on just one game in which most players got 45 minutes, two got an hour and two got just 30 minutes.

Thanks MA...can’t help thinking that we’ve been here before - exactly a year ago - with Bennett and that Forsyth’s level is actually League 1/2 so he would look back to his best, but hopefully that’s just me.
The comments about Bogle, Thomas and Elsink are encouraging.
Early daze but it’s good to have some positivity and it sounds like they’re out to impress a manager who has come to the club with a completely clean sheet as regards who’s worth a starting place.

I will do similar on Wednesday after the game against the Stags.

As well as the pleasing individual performances, I loved the fluid 1-4-3-3 system we appear to be using, reminiscent of the old Dutch "total football". It features many of the things I had my teams do in my coaching days.

This style will have some consequences for players. The most obvious one being Coldplay who isn't, IMO, mobile enough to fit into it.

Thanks MA...can’t help thinking that we’ve been here before - exactly a year ago - with Bennett and that Forsyth’s level is actually League 1/2 so he would look back to his best, but hopefully that’s just me.
The comments about Bogle, Thomas and Elsink are encouraging.
Early daze but it’s good to have some positivity and it sounds like they’re out to impress a manager who has come to the club with a completely clean sheet as regards who’s worth a starting place.
RA I told you about Bogle in February he will have you if your seat going forward but not to sure about his defending yet Still can't understand why Callum Guy not getting a look in I think he's the best of all the youngsters although h has been injured

RA I told you about Bogle in February he will have you if your seat going forward but not to sure about his defending yet Still can't understand why Callum Guy not getting a look in I think he's the best of all the youngsters although h has been injured

You did indeed mista...good to see things beginning to happen for him.

Latest Rams News