Macclesfield first team - n/g | Page 2 | Vital Football

Macclesfield first team - n/g

years ago there were two snooker players M Stevens from wales and G Green from Gillingham, I use a social club In New Eltham full of sports fans and heard Stevens was going through a divorce and while having a disagreement his queue was damaged so we backed G Green who Was the outsider, Green won and Unibet refused to pay out but eventually they did three months later, I have over years have heard all sorts of things about sports betting , had bets and lost, so you can’t pick and choose when and when not too pay, I’ve gambled all my life, definitely not something I would recommend,too much stress.

If they still refuse to pay out you should stand outside their shop with your winning slip and proceed to inform all who are about to enter what has happened.

You might just cause enough of a stir that they decide it's a better option to just pay out...
If it was big money I would get you and your mates to go up there find a open window and occupy the building ha and split the money just for the hell of it.

Unlike normal gambling debts, those initiated between punters and licensed bookies are enforceable. I suspect after pressure, sunnyinkent will get his money; I don't think it will break the bank. Had the likes of Ladbrokes been on the ball, they perhaps could have pulled the bet before kick off. Unless there was a huge serge in bets before the start, are the bookies going to lose much, if anything?

Unlike normal gambling debts, those initiated between punters and licensed bookies are enforceable. I suspect after pressure, sunnyinkent will get his money; I don't think it will break the bank. Had the likes of Ladbrokes been on the ball, they perhaps could have pulled the bet before kick off. Unless there was a huge serge in bets before the start, are the bookies going to lose much, if anything?

That’s the thing. I don’t know much about this actual case than has been said on here.

But why didn’t the bookie declare all bets void before the kick off. Or any previous bets (at 7-1) void once it was known the 1st team weren’t playing.

Do you think if Macclesfield had won, they would have gladly kept all the profits?

But why didn’t the bookie declare all bets void before the kick off. Or any previous bets (at 7-1) void once it was known the 1st team weren’t playing.
Because that's not what bookmakers do - anyone that got on at 7/1 properly - i.e. before the news came out about the players strike - should expect to be paid out at 7/1. The issue would be when people had bets accepted due to cashier error at 7/1 when the correct odds had been changed to evens.

There isn't any reported news on this, and there would be if betting firms were welching on correctly accepted bets.

Because that's not what bookmakers do - anyone that got on at 7/1 properly - i.e. before the news came out about the players strike - should expect to be paid out at 7/1.
If they didn't they would be in breach of contract.
The issue would be when people had bets accepted due to cashier error at 7/1 when the correct odds had been changed to evens.
Was it a cashier error?

Who ever set the odds at 7/1 in a 'low class two horse' race should not be employed to set odds. Macclesfield are at best a poor League 2 side in money trouble with poorly motivated players. As proved Kingstonian would be up for this challenge. Odds this high are worth a wager by any punter. Any follower of lower league football, and that includes a lot of professional gamblers will know this. It would be interesting to know how much Ladbrokes were down on this match.

Because that's not what bookmakers do - anyone that got on at 7/1 properly - i.e. before the news came out about the players strike - should expect to be paid out at 7/1. The issue would be when people had bets accepted due to cashier error at 7/1 when the correct odds had been changed to evens.

There isn't any reported news on this, and there would be if betting firms were welching on correctly accepted bets.

That’s what I’ve been saying 3x6. Any normal bets placed in good faith should be honoured.

But I’m going off what sunny said that Ladbrokes we’re refusing to pay out. I took it that they are refusing to pay all bets. If it’s only “dodgy” bets at 7-1 they are refusing, then all good.

What exactly are they refusing to pay out on?