Macclesfield FC | Vital Football

Macclesfield FC

stokeimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
Not suggesting it’s a “must watch”, but watched the BBC programme on iplayer last night about Macclesfield FC, it’s new owners (incl Robbie Savage) and the work they’ve done to get the new/phoenix club running. Disappointed they didn’t show any of the community work they’re doing at the stadium, but that’s probably down to editorial decisions, but some interesting info on costs

One thing that I was sorry not to see mentioned relates to the long lounge area in their new stand – I’m sure I’m not the only one to have had a pre match pint in there a few times. It may be remembered as an area serving food with a small bar, and at the far end was a tribute to Keith and Butch. They’ve revamped the whole thing into a big bar area – as an income generating social club – but nothing was mentioned about whether (or not) that tribute has been retained

Glad I watched it ! If only to chastise myself about abuse I hurled at the computer screen as I watched the much viewed YouTube video of the trouble between Macc and Congleton on the away end terrace. I saw a bloke chasing across the pitch and wondered why the hell they hadn't been arrested rather than being allowed to jump the wall and "join in" with the fighting. From the TV programme, it turned out to be Robbie Savage and the Macc Club Chairman, who in the absence of any stewards willing to get in there and sort it out, took it upon themselves to break-up the fighting between 30 odd fans ! How amazingly brave of the both of them !!

Nice little town is Macclesfield really glad they have a football team back . Danny Whittaker seems to have a good team under him and aret op of the NWCFL league with only 2 defeatsd from 20 games played . 3g pitch and a new bar / restaurant facilities add to a good form of income for them . Might have a visit soon , always a good afternoon out

Have they sorted it in such a fashion as to make the club sustainable? Or, at least, more so than previously?

Aint got a clue . Local news and people who go to Macc say all is well. As for clubs financial situation , as the saying goes " frankly my dear I don't give a damn"

Aint got a clue . Local news and people who go to Macc say all is well. As for clubs financial situation , as the saying goes " frankly my dear I don't give a damn"

Anyone - who is rich - can pump in money in the short-term.

We know how that generally ends in the long-term.

I'm sure they can get into Conference North.
It will then become much harder with plenty of other ex league clubs to compete against.

Very true , always sad when a team sufferers like that , no matter who they are. But , when all said and done, life goes on even if the club doesn't.

Promoted this season, with games in hand. Will be playing NPL Div 1 (same level as Lincoln United) next season (but presumably in the Western Division)