Luton | Page 2 | Vital Football

Luton

The only real complaint being it should have been 4 or 5 nil. We didn't lay a glove on them and those players should hang their heads in shame because that's as embarrassing as it gets. Take nothing away from Luton but if Howe doesn't get his act together then serious questions needto be asked.

Sorry but that was a poor effort today. Feeling sorry for themselves I reckon and using injuries as an excuse. Lets not forget we were poor away from home this season before all the injuries. We need to turn this around fast or the pressure will definitely start to rise on Eddie Howe. Losing to the mackems is quite simply unthinkable now. But are they a significantly worse side than Luton? Probably not.

Again some perspective is needed and I feel im like a broken record by repeating myself.

A mixture of extra games due to the champions league and progression in the cup, coupled with a nightmare injury period has written the season off. There's no getting away from it.

We can make as many excuses about it or blame individuals all day long but our season has been dictated by facts and there's very little planning that could be done about it.

I reckon, at best, the majority of our squad is 75% fit. This in turn sees us under pressure especially away from home. You add in a fully fit Gordon, Isak, Botman and Almiron and we're a million times a better side. Add to that the likes of Joelinton, Willock, Barnes, Murphy, Anderson, Nick Pope and to an extent have Tonali available and then you have a squad that can be fairly judged.

Then and only then can you really start to question Eddie Howe in any way and it's massively disrespectful for there to be any mention whatsoever at present.

I thought it was just the usual national media gobshites raking up something and nowt to create a problem here but there really is the odd comment that ive seen the past few games which makes you wonder what the modern day fan wants or thinks is acceptable as their thoughts change with the wind.

Again some perspective is needed and I feel im like a broken record by repeating myself.

A mixture of extra games due to the champions league and progression in the cup, coupled with a nightmare injury period has written the season off. There's no getting away from it.

We can make as many excuses about it or blame individuals all day long but our season has been dictated by facts and there's very little planning that could be done about it.

I reckon, at best, the majority of our squad is 75% fit. This in turn sees us under pressure especially away from home. You add in a fully fit Gordon, Isak, Botman and Almiron and we're a million times a better side. Add to that the likes of Joelinton, Willock, Barnes, Murphy, Anderson, Nick Pope and to an extent have Tonali available and then you have a squad that can be fairly judged.

Then and only then can you really start to question Eddie Howe in any way and it's massively disrespectful for there to be any mention whatsoever at present.

I thought it was just the usual national media gobshites raking up something and nowt to create a problem here but there really is the odd comment that ive seen the past few games which makes you wonder what the modern day fan wants or thinks is acceptable as their thoughts change with the wind.
You do realise 90% of our injuries are self inflicted so you can't use that excuse any more. Also, there are plenty of other teams playing the same amount of games ie Aston villa who yesterday missed the chance to go top of the league. I'm not saying we should be challenging for the league but there's a happy medium and the performances lately are not acceptable. 20% possession against Chelsea and barely a shot on target the whole match. 67% possession yesterday with over 500 passes and 1 shot on target the whole match. Even the manager isn't making excuses and you are excusing the inexcusable.

I am afraid (many of) our fans view that the players, manager and staff are above criticism has held the club back for years. if you speak out you are fickle. We have to seek excellence. Our new owners will accept nothing less. Neither should we the fans.

Howe said yesterday of our play that we were reactive rather than proactive. You could say the same about him regarding his substitutions and I'm not talking about just yesterday's match. His changes yesterday whilst I completely disagree with miley being taken off, I can kind of see that is 1 instance he was being proactive, even though the other sub leading to it was reactive. What I can't really get my head around is he brought isak on and I'm not 100% sure where he was asked to play, I'm not sure Alex knew where he supposed to play either. We ended up with isak, Wilson, Gordon and almiron all on the pitch all looking like headless chickens. Some fans will probably point to the offside "goal" but let's be honest it was never onside and we didn't deserve it anyway. Luton well worthy of their win. I do expect a reaction against forest fuck knows we need one because we have Liverpool away after that where we haven't won in 30 odd years. Play like this against Liverpool and I guarantee you it will be a cricket score.

You are sounding like a broken record ignoring that he started the season with two injury prone strikers, bought two left backs and only plays one, bought a midfielder who had gambling problems and cannot play for a season.
Howe has continually played players who are not fit and says he does not know what to do about our away form. He has everything at his disposal.
He has had a bad run of injuries mainly due to not rotating players
Howe has done way o expectations but is he the man to take uo to the next level, I dont think so.
I said they would lose to Luton and was proved correct.
His post match comments do not motivate me. Its the same old, same old.
Should beat Forest then a run of defeats expected.

That result/performance against Chelsea looking even worse after them convincingly beat by wolves. Chelsea are absolutely rubbish. Ah well at least wolves done us a favour