Luton v Manchester City - Tuesday 27th February 2024 - 20:00 GMT - FA Cup 5th Rd - Preview and MDT | Page 9 | Vital Football

Luton v Manchester City - Tuesday 27th February 2024 - 20:00 GMT - FA Cup 5th Rd - Preview and MDT

So no extra time, how is that possible. Great win and a fair go to Luton Town, they never gave up.
Bizarre considering the number of subs alone in the second half and the injury to Doku. Just goes to show that the time is totally malleable and at the behest of the referee. Granted adding another 5 minutes on might seem 'unnecessary' given the scoreline but I think it just goes to prove that the ref DOES take the scoreline into account when deciding when to end the game. You can bet there would have been 5-7 minutes added had the score been 2-3……

Last edited:
Bizarre considering the number of subs alone in the second half and the injury to Doku. Just goes to show that the time is totally malleable and at the behest of the referee. Granted adding another 5 minutes on might seem unnecessary given the scoreline but I think it just goes to prove that the ref DOES take the scoreline into account when deciding when to end the game. You can bet there would have been 5-7 minutes added had the score been 2-3……
Exactly and no bookings was also significant

I am pretty certain that there is nothing in the Laws of the Game that says:-

"Time added on can be amended or curtailed according to the score or the degree of pity for a team losing by a significant margin".

Maybe Howard Webb could be asked?
a snowball's chance in Hell