Loyalty | Page 3 | Vital Football

Loyalty

MarvinsPA - 18/7/2017 13:11

orbitalforest - 18/7/2017 12:43

da fuq - 18/7/2017 12:40

I Have turned down massive pay increases because of the location of the jobs

Have also stayed loyal a couple of times because I liked the people I was working with and the working environment but have made it known that I could leave so to benefit me

It all depends I guess what you value and what your current situation is financially

Britt had to go for the money

Footballers don't give a shit anymore as all they see is they can get more because others can and agents will always go for that

It's sickening that we live in age where we have an absolute shit bag of a govt who will not give our most necessary services a 1% pay increase and then footballers can often earn more in a week than a nurse, fire(wo)man, ambulance etc earn in a year

Exactly mate.
One of the things I hate about the modern game is the obscene wages players are on.
Should be a wage cap at all levels.

There are vast amounts of money going into the game now, where should that money go if not to the players & coaches? You couldn't spend it all on the youth set up even if you wanted to because the quantities are so large.

Players should have to pay agents, not the clubs, but other than that it's absolutely right that the money in the game goes to the people that make it entertaining.

They do deserve to be on decent money but seriously 60k a week for the championship ?
What does a GP earn ? 120K a year at a guess ?
Just doesn't seem right to me.

orbitalforest - 18/7/2017 17:55

MarvinsPA - 18/7/2017 13:11

orbitalforest - 18/7/2017 12:43

da fuq - 18/7/2017 12:40

I Have turned down massive pay increases because of the location of the jobs

Have also stayed loyal a couple of times because I liked the people I was working with and the working environment but have made it known that I could leave so to benefit me

It all depends I guess what you value and what your current situation is financially

Britt had to go for the money

Footballers don't give a shit anymore as all they see is they can get more because others can and agents will always go for that

It's sickening that we live in age where we have an absolute shit bag of a govt who will not give our most necessary services a 1% pay increase and then footballers can often earn more in a week than a nurse, fire(wo)man, ambulance etc earn in a year

Exactly mate.
One of the things I hate about the modern game is the obscene wages players are on.
Should be a wage cap at all levels.

There are vast amounts of money going into the game now, where should that money go if not to the players & coaches? You couldn't spend it all on the youth set up even if you wanted to because the quantities are so large.

Players should have to pay agents, not the clubs, but other than that it's absolutely right that the money in the game goes to the people that make it entertaining.

They do deserve to be on decent money but seriously 60k a week for the championship ?
What does a GP earn ? 120K a year at a guess ?
Just doesn't seem right to me.

The thing is, no one sits around on forums, for more of their life than is healthy, discussing who the latest GP will be to replace the one that's leaving.

We're the ones that created the wages by paying Sky, buying the shirts, buying tickets, etc

We didn't know what we were doing when it all started getting silly, but we do now, yet we still can't let go of the stupid game and our commitment to a club that is, in all reality, a franchise these days.

Apollyon - 18/7/2017 17:33

when Costa wanted out at Chelsea a year ago to triple his wages he was told to shut the fook up and get on with it

BA has just signed a fat, long contract. Hes moved for 40% payrise with as much of a chance of promotion as the other mugs in the Championship

If he was in for one last pay day fair enough but he wasnt.

Gunter had the chance to jump ship and earn a small fortune, he stayed and helped out

BA has been shown a lot of loyalty by the club and fans which was also rewarded with said contract when his knee was not proven to be fixed

In short, hes a **** and the club have cashed in

The End

Exactly if he were ambitious he'd have forced through the best EPL deal he was offered and back his ability to put himself where Antonio is now

Britt has chosen to play Burton and Barnsley for more money when he could have been playing against City and Utd

I hear he has a new agent, well he needs a new agent purely from his perspective this is a shit move on every level bar cash

Looks like i'm alone on this then .
Yes i think they deserve a decent wedge but i think it's obscene the money they earn to be honest.
I used to be chuffed getting £60 a game back in the late 80's and 90's .
Would pay for my beer at the weekends anyway.
Maybe i'm just jealous then ? :17:

Loyal players are few and far between in today's game, that's why we love players like Pearce and now Cohen. By the way Jimmy, I think you do him a disservice, you have no idea what loyalty he would or wouldn't have shown if he'd stayed fit. He seems like someone who would be genuinely loyal to me.
Britt holds no special loyalty to us, nor to Peterborough before us. With a career threatening injury hanging over his head, tripling his wages and let's face it, on paper a far better chance of promotion as it stands, I can see why he's gone. I don't like it, and wish things were different, but that's the modern game I'm afraid.

I like my job, have quite a bit of loyalty towards the job and my boss in fact, however if someone rang me tonight and offered to triple my wages, I'd be off like a shot. There is nothing unreasonable or unload here, in fact the money he has raised for the club will do us nicely. His talent has earned this, so I think he has done alright by the club.

Mike78 - 18/7/2017 20:34

I like my job, have quite a bit of loyalty towards the job and my boss in fact, however if someone rang me tonight and offered to triple my wages, I'd be off like a shot. There is nothing unreasonable or unload here, in fact the money he has raised for the club will do us nicely. His talent has earned this, so I think he has done alright by the club.

In general I agree with you Mike. Most of us who work for another are aware of the fact that first of all we have to look after our family. That often involves paying a mortgage,putting food on the table and all of the rest of it. If you were working for a one man business that's a bit different but most jobs these days are tied in with big business, groups, boards of directors and often lots of employees.
Forest is a big business.
And a footballers working life is often short.
If you were working for a one man business then loyalty comes into it.

BA in spite of his short comings has delivered us a profit so I'm inclined to say good luck and hope your knee holds out.

orbitalforest - 18/7/2017 18:34

Yes i think they deserve a decent wedge but i think it's obscene the money they earn to be honest.

the obscene amount of money isn't the point, for me. Those vast amounts of money are in the game, if not to the players where should it go?

MarvinsPA - 19/7/2017 10:10

the obscene amount of money isn't the point, for me. Those vast amounts of money are in the game, if not to the players where should it go?

Well if the prem clubs are swimming in money from tv revenue then that should be passed on to the fans by making tickets far more affordable.
When you think that in Germany season tickets that include champions league games can be purchased for a couple of hundred quid it makes you realise how the clubs fleece the fans in this country.
So no i wouldn't pass all this extra money on to overpaid players , i'd make football realistically affordable instead.

Well some of the money could go towards making the match day experience a little more affordable to start with; some of the admission prices charged are outrageous.

Stoke City pay for the away travel for their supporters for every game; its a small gesture but a lot more than most clubs offer, but that is still not enough.

mao tse tung - 19/7/2017 10:21

Well some of the money could go towards making the match day experience a little more affordable to start with; some of the admission prices charged are outrageous.

Stoke City pay for the away travel for their supporters for every game; its a small gesture but a lot more than most clubs offer, but that is still not enough.

While those things would be nice, clubs could already afford that, Stoke paying for away fans travel, even if you say they take 5000 per game & pay for every single one of them it only equates to £2,000,000 a season, Shaqiri earns that every month on his own.

You could add padded seats, free travel, free food & a Nanny for every youth player & there would still be 10's of millions of pounds sloshing around each Premiership club.

& lets be honest, if you went to any stadium in the Country & asked fans what they would rather have, a new 100k a weak striker or a padded seat I'm fairly sure I know what the majority would vote for.

MarvinsPA - 19/7/2017 10:29

mao tse tung - 19/7/2017 10:21

While those things would be nice, clubs could already afford that, Stoke paying for away fans travel, even if you say they take 5000 per game & pay for every single one of them it only equates to £2,000,000 a season, Shaqiri earns that every month on his own.

You could add padded seats, free travel, free food & a Nanny for every youth player & there would still be 10's of millions of pounds sloshing around each Premiership club.

& lets be honest, if you went to any stadium in the Country & asked fans what they would rather have, a new 100k a weak striker or a padded seat I'm fairly sure I know what the majority would vote for.

But if they got asked if they'd like to pay £15 or £40 a ticket you might get a different answer.

orbitalforest - 19/7/2017 10:19

Well if the prem clubs are swimming in money from tv revenue then that should be passed on to the fans by making tickets far more affordable.
When you think that in Germany season tickets that include champions league games can be purchased for a couple of hundred quid it makes you realise how the clubs fleece the fans in this country.
So no i wouldn't pass all this extra money on to overpaid players , i'd make football realistically affordable instead.

This +1

It should also be used for grass roots football and used in the community for everyone from that city/town

Nowt wrong with players being payed vast sums of money..but once it gets to this point

It's hard to keep caring about the game if the players have no affinity with us and the club

i disagree i think there IS sommething wrong getting 'paid' vast sums of money, tho certainly dont restrict it to footballers. :14:

:19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19:

padded fkn seats?! whos been coming up with that ??! :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: