Lower League Gems to look our for - DEFENDERS | Vital Football

Lower League Gems to look our for - DEFENDERS

Widdow

Vital 1st Team Regular
A few more players to look out for, and this time its the men at the back. I do think we need two full backs and a commanding centre back this close season (and hope we can get rid of a few to make space for them)

One player should be good value and believe we really should consider is out of contract and that's..... Conor McLaughlin Fleetwood Town – I definitely would sign this right back who is on a free this summer. Always consistent and has performed at a higher lever for Northern Ireland and went to world cup and at just 25 we should be in for him before he gets snapped up.

Two other players who were on a free have already been snapped up by promoted clubs

One super signing could of been Portsmouth called Enda Stevens, but he has just signed for Sheffield United, so be interesting to see how he gets on for them at left back.

Another Left back I liked was James Meredith from Bradford, but he just signed for Millwall for nothing. Again can he make step up?

And Chey Dunkley a centre back from Oxford just signed for Wigan.

So Other players to consider.

Omar Beckles – 25 Accrington. Made transition from Conference to League 2 with ease, the centre back composed and can tackle well

James Justin. Luton Town. At only 19 the versatile right back is making a name for himself. Attacking full back who can also play on both sides and wings. Leicester are interested so could be heading to premier league.

Ryan Haynes – 21 Coventry Left back – good attacking and be worth to keep a look out how he improves.

Oliver Turton. 24 Crewe. Can play anywhere across the back, but found his best form this season at right back. Always gives his all and very consistent

Remi Streete 22. Port Vale Talk defender, good at headers in both boxes. Scored 6 goals before injury in February.

Sonny Bradley 25 – Centre back from Plymouth. Solid at back and scored 6 goals as well, highly respected and named in team of the year– be worth a gamble I reckon.

Christian Burgess a 25 central defender for Portsmouth, and had a great season for them

Any other recomendations??

Last time I did one of these posts in 2014 (before FFP and transfer embargoes) a player I mentioned was Tendayi Darikwa, who was a Nottingham lad playing for Chesterfield. He ended up signing for Burnley.

He is an attacking right back / wing Back / winger and has only featured around 21 times for Burnley. Now 25, and needs to be playing regularly, and could give us a chance to go in for him?

Heard a little rumour Forest are interested in him, and player would be keen to come back to Nottingham to play - so see how that turns out.