The Ultimate Loaned Players Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

The Ultimate Loaned Players Thread

Aston Villa are now heading into the final run in, in our 2018/19 Championship campaign, and whilst most fans will sitting be looking at the second tier table and a potential Play-Off promotion extension this season, there is one eye on our Under 23 youngsters who are out for good game time so head coach Dean Smith can better assess them as he looks to further rebuild the first team squad over the summer.

https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...-loan-round-up-as-smith-prepares-for-2019-20/

Pity he didn't have the chance to show us what he can do. Don't think DS would have brought him in if he wasn't convinced by what he could do for us. Still might be an option for next season, but not really having seen him playing for us makes it less likely.

Correct Sir Dennis. The whole deadline day Fer/Carroll deal was a weird one though. Not sure we will ever know all the facts.

Well, every Manager makes a few crap signings. Deano's others seem to have come off to be fair to him so we can let this one go.

When the Fer deal collapsed they panicked and got Carroll at the eleventh hour

In your opinion Silhill. As has been pointed out before, Carroll said quite clearly in an interview that it was in the pipeline for a while. Unless you know someone at the club, we don't know the ins and outs of the deal. Putting a negative spin on it is your opinion, not fact.

Predominantly different types of midfielders aren't they from what I know so I guess we were chasing both, Carroll got over the line, Fer bottled it.

Don't get the mistake angle. When he was signed Jack was not ready to return and it wasn't known how well that return would go. Carroll's experience is mainly as a number 10. As insurance it was a sensible decision. If Jack goes I can see him being on a list of options.

As a player who some didn't want near the place, he's in good company.

Not sure Fer bottled it. Swansea fans seem to think he was looking for a move back to the PL or abroad and wanted a pay rise at the same time. Sounds like we did well to move on from that one

Exactly the type of player we need to avoid, also he's at the wrong end of the age spectrum, did want him but so glad we avoided him and isn't he injured at the moment?