The Ultimate Loaned Players Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Ultimate Loaned Players Thread

I'd get Clark back in January personally. We desperately need a LB, so before we spunk a few million on a new one it would make sense to see what Mitch can do first. He's imprssed me more than any of our other U23's from the little I have seen of him.

Green looked poor at the start of the season to me. I was hoping a loan spell would get him back to full match fitness, but it seems he has picked up yet another injury

Would hope Smith wouldn't sign another left back in January rather than recall him. He has a bright future, and it should be with us. If Smith is OK with leaving Taylor/Hutton for that spot might be better to leave him where he is.

Think Smith will persevere with the existing back line for a few weeks at least. A settled back line is essential; Bruce's fiddling was appalling.

Tend to agree mate. I don't want him to come back unless he's going to play. If he's only going to get 5 odd games, he's better getting another 20 plus with Vale thinking long term.

If he gets more game time it can only better our squad. When he does come back because his match fitness will be top draw , so if he gets a game in smiths plans he's ready to go .

It'd be tempting to bring him back but perhaps keeping him at port vale then bringing him into the 1st team in the summer would be best. Especially if we're still in the championship.

Easah Suliman should be recalled in January and possibly loaned out to a League One or Two club, even a National League club would be an improvement on where he is at present, he's had a total of six (6) minutes playing time in two matches in the League.
Getting him half a season's playing time anywhere has to be better than him doing nothing.

General update as its been a few weeks.

Mitchell Clark has been injured the last couple of weeks but will almost certainly be staying at port vale till the end of the season. He seems to be pretty popular there and is getting a lot of positive reviews.

Andre Green has finally gotten over his injury and has been slowly getting more game time. He's scored 4 in his last 6 games and the pompey fans have gone from wondering why the got him in to demanding that Kenny jacket start him.

Easah Sulimans time in the Netherlands is turning into a bit of a waste of time it seems, from a playing time point of view anyway. He's made just 2 appearances on the league, both from the bench and even though emmen have gone to a 3 at the back he's got 3 very experienced players in front of him. Might be better off bringing him back and loaning him to an English team in need of a centre back.

Ross mccormack has returned due to injury but is expected to go back down under once he's fully recovered. However will we cope.

Tshibola has been playing regularly for kilmarnock and helped them get to the top of the spfl before the were toppled by celtic. He's been getting good reviews for them so maybe he can give Smith something to think about when he returns to villa Park in the summer.

Kelsey Mooney has been playing fairly regularly for Cheltenham but he's been benched the last few weeks.

Tommy Elphick has been a regular for Hull all season. Doesn't seem to be pulling up any trees though.

Jed steer has helped Charlton into the play offs. Why he's there instead of villa park I don't know.

Apparently Easah Suliman has been recalled from his loan at Dutch club FC Emmen. Is it to bolster our own squad or to loan him to a team that will actually play him?

2nd time I can remember us loaning him out and he has hardly had a kick either time. I'd be very surprised if we didnt try and get him some game time with another loan club. Sitting on the bench at Grimsby and Emmen cant be helping his development much

Melbourne City have decided to give Ritchie De Laet a run of games as a striker.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...-news/playing-false-nine-aston-villa-15663210

Apparently he's got 4 in 11 games for them and is regarded as the best player in the squad so they thought they'd stick him up top as a sort of Messiesque "false 9". According to the article he looked a bit lost but still scored. Puts Mccormack and his record run of goals for them in a new light.

Melbourne City have decided to give Ritchie De Laet a run of games as a striker.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...-news/playing-false-nine-aston-villa-15663210

Apparently he's got 4 in 11 games for them and is regarded as the best player in the squad so they thought they'd stick him up top as a sort of Messiesque "false 9". According to the article he looked a bit lost but still scored. Puts Mccormack and his record run of goals for them in a new light.

They could have loaned Hogan off us. He'd probably look half decent out there.