Loan Update | Vital Football

Loan Update

Thanks Roy. Always nice to know how our younger loanees are getting on.
You never know, there might be a future first team starter in there somewhere.

looks like robinson as found his level again or has he been deployed better to his strengths

Cheers Roy
robinsons good form is a win win situation, a couple are playing for their future away from us still interested to see if norrington-Davies will make it but it’s more difficult now the bar has been raised again
my feeling is we may have to wait a while for some to come through as our academy struggles to keep pace with the 1st teams progress

Cheers Roy
robinsons good form is a win win situation, a couple are playing for their future away from us still interested to see if norrington-Davies will make it but it’s more difficult now the bar has been raised again
my feeling is we may have to wait a while for some to come through as our academy struggles to keep pace with the 1st teams progress

I agree about the current academy players, as there isn't any noise around about a player (or players) that stand out in the same way as someone like Brooks did. I'm sure a bunch of them will be good enough to play professional football, but not at our level unfortunately.

Norrington-Davies has the best shout I would have thought, although he didn't actually come through our academy. We signed him after he was released by Swansea a few years ago. He has had rave reviews for a couple of seasons now, and is also a Wales U-21 international. We'll no doubt take a look at him in pre-season to see if he is ready to be in our squad, or if he needs another year out on loan, probably at a Championship team.

I'm sure i read that Kean Bryan is injured at Bolton,dunt know how serious it is but i'm amazed he's still on our books.Norrington Davies will earn a decent livin in't game in my view, given he dunt have bad luck wi injuries but i dunt see him bein premier League level.Of the current crop of young uns Daniel Jebbison looks like he's got some ability when i've seen him play.UTMPB

I'm sure i read that Kean Bryan is injured at Bolton,dunt know how serious it is but i'm amazed he's still on our books.Norrington Davies will earn a decent livin in't game in my view, given he dunt have bad luck wi injuries but i dunt see him bein premier League level.Of the current crop of young uns Daniel Jebbison looks like he's got some ability when i've seen him play.UTMPB
By rights rod they should all stand a better chance of making it now blocky isn’t pinning his colours to any of their masts

Norrington-Davies has the best shout I would have thought, although he didn't actually come through our academy. We signed him after he was released by Swansea a few years ago.

which is what happened with brooks but he’s still held up as coming through ours as he had 2 or 3yrs in ours

Norrington-Davies has the best shout I would have thought, although he didn't actually come through our academy. We signed him after he was released by Swansea a few years ago.

which is what happened with brooks but he’s still held up as coming through ours as he had 2 or 3yrs in ours

Brooks was 16 when we signed him from Man City, so he still had some time to spend in our academy before he turned pro. Norrington-Davies was 18 when we signed him, so he was already an academy graduate. Same with Ramsdale, who was 18 when we signed him from Bolton.

Brooks was 16 when we signed him from Man City, so he still had some time to spend in our academy before he turned pro. Norrington-Davies was 18 when we signed him, so he was already an academy graduate. Same with Ramsdale, who was 18 when we signed him from Bolton.

Yes, very sensibly, we keep a look out for any decent prospect released from other clubs. Indeed, I would imagine that is the situation with the majority of our U18’s.
It worked pretty well with Rammers and Brooks (financially) but now, with our new found higher status, we should be able to retain any budding super stars rather than having to sell.

What happened to the lad we got from manure think he was a left back but could be wrong

That’s fair enough I thought RND was younger when we got him

What happened to the lad we got from manure think he was a left back but could be wrong
Was his name summat like Belouhan? I think if it is this kid he's wi the agency Mr Morgs works for.UTMPB

Jean Belehouan, signed from Man Utd in 2017. He started as a left back, but now plays centre back for us I think. We also signed Callum Gribbin from them in the summer, although he is an attacking midfielder/winger.