Liverpool 3 - Manchester City 0 Johnny On the Spot and Stats Link | Vital Football

Liverpool 3 - Manchester City 0 Johnny On the Spot and Stats Link

Johnny Baguette

Alert Team
Johnny On The Spot:

#TORTURE. This excruciating Manchester City no show proved to be very much a case of normal Premier League service resumed. Once again, The Blues failed to compete with a side who doubled, tripled and quadrupled up on them all over the park and were hopelessly unable to gain a rare foothold whenever one presented itself. On 34 minutes Liverpool looked to have burned out with their storm weathered but one speculative shot later, this was game over..They have tuned City home and away to a cringeworthy total of 7 goals to 1 and that is absolutely unacceptable for where Manchester City aspires to be, despite Jurgen Klopp meriting great credit for galvanising his eager side to swarm hungrily all over City again so soon after a chastening League Cup final defeat...Whereas to a man Liverpool were in your face and having it, City were a disjointed, incohesive shambles. Sure, bad luck through countless injuries has played a huge part in City's stuttering league nosedive, but that is irrelevant when the team cannot go toe to toe with mid-table opposition...Where do we go from our first 3 consecutive league defeats in 7 years? It would be beneficial for starters for Manuel Pellegrini to "do a Mancini" tonight and declare the title gone. Take some pressure off the squad and set about securing a top four finish, because that is where we are at. We are now in a clear and present battle to maintain that status and the incoming manager and our lucrative summer tour arrangements could well do without Champions League qualifying games, let alone the risk of no European football at all if this shocking slide continues...Mark this. City have slumped to averaging around 1.5 points per game this season, a stark contrast to the 2.3 points per game overall of The Engineer's title winning season. If we maintain this output we will finish the campaign in or just outside the Europa League places...Alarm bells should be ringing loudly tonight.

Stats © 2016 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/stats.asp?a=563077

OUR worst performance of the season second best to everything
MP did not help we where getting mauled and he brought on 2 forwards
Silva was pushed of the ball every time he got it
Hart at fault for the first
Same points as rags now. Duck me

Colin333 - 3/3/2016 00:44

OUR worst performance of the season second best to everything
MP did not help we where getting mauled and he brought on 2 forwards
Silva was pushed of the ball every time he got it
Hart at fault for the first
Same points as rags now. Duck me

I didn't see the game (Away on holiday) but would just say we do have a game in hand on the rags.

Totally fed up. Huge opportunity missed even though we would have been going against the weight of history to have taken all three points last night. Never been our happiest hunting ground.

Bossed all over the park especially in the middle where Can had a free ride. Klopp's men set their stall out early with Flanagan clattering Sterling but ultimately we had no answer to the high pressing, swarming employed by his charges. Pellegrini doesn't seem to have any idea how to prepare for that - frankly neither do I but I hope Guardiola does.

The ppg return is very concerning and it will now be a huge battle to ensure automatic CL qualification and avoid the risk of a qualifying fixture.

Feeling glum :013:

I expected defeat in this one tbh, the manner of it though is a bit hard to take.

In hindsight the most disappointing thing for me is that we played our best available last night instead of freshening it up with the weekend in mind.

Bluedub - 3/3/2016 10:40

I expected defeat in this one tbh, the manner of it though is a bit hard to take.

In hindsight the most disappointing thing for me is that we played our best available last night instead of freshening it up with the weekend in mind.

Maybe Sagna, AK13, Mangala and KI72 all in this weekend - they ought to be fresh. Kipling back too - plus Navas and VK4 should be reasonably full of beans after their recent lay offs.