Lincoln Half Marathon | Vital Football

Lincoln Half Marathon

stokeimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
My son has received an email notifying him of the cancellation of this year’s Lincoln Half, but without any explanation. Have just checked Echo and there’s nothing in there. Anyone know anything about it?

I did it last year but expected more to take part.
These things take a lot of organising so perhaps they have decided there
is not enough interest to warrant the effort.
Unfortunately the Lincoln 10k is so well established so a lot of people will do that instead.

I did it last year but expected more to take part.
These things take a lot of organising so perhaps they have decided there
is not enough interest to warrant the effort.
Unfortunately the Lincoln 10k is so well established so a lot of people will do that instead.

Yes, could be, but still a bit late in the day - perhaps take up isn't what was expected? Just done a Google search on it, and the race is shown as still on

Thanks, as Ruskingtony suggests, the reason on the second page alludes to declining interest and associated impact on costs. Pity

Thanks, as Ruskingtony suggests, the reason on the second page alludes to declining interest and associated impact on costs. Pity
I have entered fewer races this year because I just cannot afford to in the current climate

I have entered fewer races this year because I just cannot afford to in the current climate

Yes, they're not cheap, these events. My son did the Potters Arf about a month ago, and there was a good field, but the population of Stoke and Newcastle is around 3x bigger than Lincoln. Echo article basically just confirms whats in the above attachment