Liam Bridcutt Signs - Your Views In 150 Words? | Vital Football

Liam Bridcutt Signs - Your Views In 150 Words?

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Trying to keep things ticking over on the Front Page, so what are your views on the signing?

Minimum of 150 words required!

Getting Liam Bridcutt to return on a permanent deal is quite possibly Michael Appleton's best signing to date.

With all the senior departures from the squad, in January and since, Liam is exactly the player the team and Appleton needs.
And most clearly he has to be the new club captain.

At Chelsea, he had a very successful youth career, captaining them to FA Youth Cups.
He then made his name in the Championship at Brighton, twice winning their player of the year.

He then had three multi-million transfers to Sunderland, Leeds and Forest and became a full Scottish international too.

He proved his enduring quality in his loan move to us in the spring and totally delighted we've been able to get him now on a permanent deal (presumably the departures this week of Payne and Coker helped free up enough in the budget to get the Bridcutt deal through).
Well done Appleton and the board, and welcome back Liam !

This is a superb signing for The Imps. Liam Bridcutt is a classy, experienced player who has performed at a higher level throughout his career. His experience in what will be an otherwise inexperienced squad will be crucial as will his leadership.
I think this signing says a lot about Michael Appleton and also a lot about where LCFC are now as a club. We alll know that players generally chase the pound signs, however it is clear in Liams interview that he rates Appleton highly and is inspired by what the club are aiming for.
Once the new season starts, whenever that is, it will be interesting to see how things develop but I for one am delighted with this signing whom I think will be a key component for the side.

Surprised and delighted, in equal measure, at the news that Liam Bridcutt is re-joining us on a permanent basis.

When he joined us last season, he immediately introduced an air of authority and composure to our play.

It was clear to see from the outset that his vision, eye for a pass and on field organisational ability, would be key in our quest to avoid immediate relegation and he thoroughly deserved being awarded the team captaincy, in short order.

He will be just as crucial next term in pushing us on an upwards trajectory, getting the best out of our particularly young squad.

As others have suggested, his re-signing may prove to be the most crucial bit of transfer business Michael Appleton pulls off in this close season.

Yes, he's talking the talk, but he has already gone some way towards proving he can walk the walk, in his albeit brief time with the squad.

Crossing everything he stays injury free, as we are going to need him to be omnipresent to steer the ship in 2020-21 season.

At certain times clubs buy players that are pivotal to them. Peter Shilton at Forest, Gordon Strachan at Leeds, Kevin Keegan at Hamburg, Sergio Aguero at Man City. Liam Bridcutt could be Michael Appleton's pivotal signing.

Suddenly (and I am sure it has long been there in the planning) there is a solidity to the squad and the team. A captain who will play every game and a sure hand to help and develop the emerging players.

A player with presence and gravitas, but more importantly a player that help those around him step up.

It was noticeable when he was here on loan that there was an improvement in performance and results and he is clearly a Championship quality player. I predict that he will not only be a key ingredient in our ongoing success, but a beacon to other players to join the Lincoln Loco.