Lewis Montsma Post Crewe | Vital Football

Lewis Montsma Post Crewe

The pundit said on Quest that he had spoken to the club about Montsma. He was told Montsma has no apparent weaknesses and we couldn't believe we were able to sign him.

Some wags on other sites were bemoaning his signature based upon a never heard of him argument. I think he's silenced them today

Until he makes a mistake and we lose because of it. Not seen the game, but am encouraged by all the reports and that finish......

Seems that we have the ideal replacement for Shackell.

Until he makes a mistake and we lose because of it. Not seen the game, but am encouraged by all the reports and that finish......

Seems that we have the ideal replacement for Shackell.
It was his loose pass which gave the ball away and led to the corner from which Crewe scored, so he owed the team one....:whist:

He will make mistakes as he's young and adapting to a new league in a new country, but the initial concerns regarding relative standards between Dutch L2 to English L1 seem to be unfounded.

Remember the days when we all gave players a dozen games to settle into a team, notwithstanding a new Country. Same applies to a lot of his other teammates. I was fully expecting a loss on Saturday and was pleasantly surprised by what i saw but i'm sure we will have some setbacks along the way but get there in the end.

The pundit said on Quest that he had spoken to the club about Montsma. He was told Montsma has no apparent weaknesses and we couldn't believe we were able to sign him.
George Elek? They mentioned Lewis on their podcast, they had heard/seen good things about him, sounded like his agent had been touting him last year.

George Elek? They mentioned Lewis on their podcast, they had heard/seen good things about him, sounded like his agent had been touting him last year.
It may be auto suggestion on my part but I believe his name was George. Quite young and a supporter of Oxford.

It may be auto suggestion on my part but I believe his name was George. Quite young and a supporter of Oxford.
Yes, think he was on there. Does the Not The Top Twenty and Going Up Going Down Podcasts with Ali Maxwell. Very knowledgeable on the EFL, they did a few bits for Sky last year.

Remember the days when we all gave players a dozen games to settle into a team, notwithstanding a new Country. Same applies to a lot of his other teammates. I was fully expecting a loss on Saturday and was pleasantly surprised by what i saw but i'm sure we will have some setbacks along the way but get there in the end.
Pretty much my thoughts. Bit of dodgy pissing around in the box aside, I was really encourage by the performance. I reckon, like MA said, we'll surprise a few this season.