Let's not panic (yet). | Page 2 | Vital Football

Let's not panic (yet).

...are we capable of doing summat like that at the moment?

I don't believe we are at the moment, but with a (recruited) left back playing at left back and with the likes of Jacobs and Powell fit and with perhaps another recruited attacking player with genuine pace and with some changes in team selection (Grigg !) and with a small (but desperately needed) change in luck on a match day I believe we could put a few results together and get some momentum and some mojo back and I believe Cook is more than capable of keeping us in the division. It's going to be painful for a while yet but there's half a season to go and I am happy to give Cook as long as he needs. I thought I was in the minority based on the internet vitriol but it now appears (based on my minimal research at least) that the majority of fans are prepared to give him more time for now.

This is what supporting your team is all about. There are plenty worse than us with absolutely no hope of immediate improvement. The new owners’ hands have been tied until the window opened so I am struggling to understand how some on here are judging them already. These are the people who continually attacked the man who saved our club.

I am not totally happy with ssome of our recent performances but I understand the limitations we have.We are not Barcelona or Man City.

The thing I was pleased about on Tuesday was the way we battled and the appreciation the players showed the few FANS left at the end. We are - as always - all in this together
Battled??? They capitulated and gave an hapless performance. It was awful and no way did that lot look like they were in it together with us.

Moonay, my record in managing under 18 and Sunday League teams is not great, but, as I think I said at the time, even I could have got the club promoted with that budget! Caldwell has shown how good he is as a manager since then, I think.

:wagging:
No, you wanted rid of him. In fact, you flipped and flopped right until the last minute if I remember rightly. Sack him.....he's great........no, sack him .......... oh, well done Gary !
:rolleyes:

I don't believe we are at the moment, but with a (recruited) left back playing at left back and with the likes of Jacobs and Powell fit and with perhaps another recruited attacking player with genuine pace and with some changes in team selection (Grigg !) and with a small (but desperately needed) change in luck on a match day I believe we could put a few results together and get some momentum and some mojo back and I believe Cook is more than capable of keeping us in the division. It's going to be painful for a while yet but there's half a season to go and I am happy to give Cook as long as he needs. I thought I was in the minority based on the internet vitriol but it now appears (based on my minimal research at least) that the majority of fans are prepared to give him more time for now.

Genuine question - how long are you willing to give it if nothing changes? If its worst case scenario - we lose the next 3, Cook doesn't make the changes in selection you hope, we play just as badly in every game and heaven forbid we drop into the bottom 3 do you keep the faith or is that too much?

I'm curious to know if the people currently backing Cook are suggesting back him unconditionally no matter what or if it's just not got quite bad enough yet.

Personally,............ I'd keep him......... But I'd understand if others disagree....... and if he was sacked

OK, I'm probably unique in this but if we go down we go down and I'd still stick with Cook. I think he needs help from the board and the recruitment team and I think he's got a lot to learn still but I'm not a fan of chopping and changing willy nilly.

Fair enough. Thanks for answering.

Would be interested to know if any of the other folks still wanting him to stay feel similar.

Genuine question - how long are you willing to give it if nothing changes? If its worst case scenario - we lose the next 3, Cook doesn't make the changes in selection you hope, we play just as badly in every game and heaven forbid we drop into the bottom 3 do you keep the faith or is that too much?

I'm curious to know if the people currently backing Cook are suggesting back him unconditionally no matter what or if it's just not got quite bad enough yet.

If we are to sack him then that time is now. The fact it's 48 hours plus since the last home humiliation tells me it's not going to happen. Waiting for a another trio of defeats to then do it would mean the window has then shut and so the timing wouldnt make sense. Personally I've seen enough that I feel a change is now necessary. However as it's not going to happen Royle should come out, back the man to quieten the speculation and put some confidence back into him.

However as it's not going to happen Royle should come out, back the man to quieten the speculation and put some confidence back into him.

corect

this confedence is also required by the teem who mite be wandering themselfs whats going on. and us fans as well. some on heer wont no wether to boo or cheer him come the next home game.

whatever hapens it need to hapen now and is needs to be decisive. no more fecking around.

I'd keep Cook. We need stability and can't keep sacking Managers at the 1st sign of trouble.
I'm confident when players come back and with a few new signings we'll improve and stay up.
I think the Royle's will back Cook and give him tjme.

Personally I've seen enough that I feel a change is now necessary.

Fair comment, yet just tuesday night you was posting "Is it right to sack him? I'm genuinely torn."

Interested in what have you seen since tuesday night?
The same night that a Facebook poll with over 1.4k votes were 69% in favour of sticking with Cooke at the moment.

Fair comment, yet just tuesday night you was posting "Is it right to sack him? I'm genuinely torn."

The same night that a Facebook poll with over 1.4k votes were 69% in favour of sticking with Cooke at the moment.

I still think a majority of the fans are behind cook it's not defined by posters on this forum a poll on Cockney latic was 50/50 last time I looked although not a big sample to choose from

I did, then in the same post laid out my rationale for both keeping and retaining him. To conclude it I'd previously said the Swansea and sheff games would determine his future and given the poor failures in both said I felt his time had come to his end. In the 48 hours since I havent changed my mind and believe we need a change before the decline becomes terminal.

corect

this confedence is also required by the teem who mite be wandering themselfs whats going on. and us fans as well. some on heer wont no wether to boo or cheer him come the next home game.

whatever hapens it need to hapen now and is needs to be decisive. no more fecking around.
Them Royles need to get out the feathers and do something. Either back him or sack him.
At the moment our board of directors - JR, DR, JJ and IEC Melvyn seem to be having a game of hide and seek or "where's wally" with the supporters. This is fuelling a lot of the concerns.
Maybe Sharpe was OTT sometimes, especially on SM but rather that than the current complete silence.
After the tone of Cooks post match Tuesday one of them needs to say something.

OK, I'm probably unique in this but if we go down we go down and I'd still stick with Cook. I think he needs help from the board and the recruitment team and I think he's got a lot to learn still but I'm not a fan of chopping and changing willy nilly.
Just sorry you're not my boss Arthur. I would love to be able to do a shit job and be bulletproof.
I'm not a fan of bi-annual relegations and whilst I did enjoy the aways in L1 we've done that to death now.
Our current tailspin is now over 3 months long and I don't have faith that pilot cook can pull up before we hit the ground

I don't think polls or forum posts can ever give you a true reflection of how an overall fan base feels just a snap shot - so while they are interesting to discuss and get a rough idea they don't mean too much. As it's easy to think the hundreds of fans voicing opinions or voting aren't a proportional representation of the 9k or so regular fan base.

I think the best indication is the crowd reactions at games. Like I said earlier in this thread i think the crowd is really down and the faith is draining away but it hasn't turned yet - although i think the tipping point is close. I wish the window didn't open for another few weeks to be honest as I think it's forcing us to most likely reluctantly stick now when in another few weeks it could be a definite twist but it will be too late to make the most of the window and will limit our ability to attract managers knowing they have no room to maneuver in the market and less games to turn it around.

I fear just like with Joyce we will back him in January with no reward and then act eventually but it will be too late.

I don't believe changing the manager is the right thing to do.
We have achieved nothing in recent years by chopping and changing managers, back room staff and players, we need some stability.
If we get relegated then so be it, keep Cook anyway.
If we stay up then back him in the next transfer window, plenty of teams recently promoted have stayed up by the skin of their teeth and then gone on to settle the following year and build on that. Equally lots have continued to struggle.

Failure to stay up could well be disastrous for the club
But i am hopefull those in control will eventually turn things around be it with cook or not
If not we will lose more fans and will be very hard to get them back
And 25,000 seater stadium would look baron even compared to now
But In IEC we trust