Let the transfer rumours begin | Page 9 | Vital Football

Let the transfer rumours begin

Marc McNulty started for Reading today, so doubt a loan is imminent

Reading were only playing league two Colchester so might have played a few fringe players to not risk their main team prior to their match against Derby.

They also started that match with Ethan Bristow and Michael Olise (18 year olds making debuts). One of the subs they brought on was 17 year old Nahum Melvin-Lambert also making a debut.

Another twitter rumour. Sam Nombe, young striker at MK No idea if any credibility in this one -

EXCLUSIVE: 🔵Gillingham are looking to sign MK Dons striker Sam Nombe, despite interest from two other unnamed League One clubs. #GFC #Gills #MKDONS #EFL_HUB

Another twitter rumour. Sam Nombe, young striker at MK No idea if any credibility in this one -

EXCLUSIVE: 🔵Gillingham are looking to sign MK Dons striker Sam Nombe, despite interest from two other unnamed League One clubs. #GFC #Gills #MKDONS #EFL_HUB

Quick Google search shows he signed a new contract in March, so presumably would be a fee involved if we were to sign him.

Quick Google search shows he signed a new contract in March, so presumably would be a fee involved if we were to sign him.

Yeah, but weird to me. Only really scored a few at non-league Oxford City. Sounds young and raw. Surely we’d be better off keeping Hanlan or bringing on our own Henry Woods. Can’t see what this guy would bring to the table.

But only a rumour tho......

Yeah, but weird to me. Only really scored a few at non-league Oxford City. Sounds young and raw. Surely we’d be better off keeping Hanlan or bringing on our own Henry Woods. Can’t see what this guy would bring to the table.

Yes, but I'd assume Evans (if it's true we're interested) hasn't just plucked the name from thin air, presumably he's actually watched him/had him watched, and knows what he has to offer (and whether what he has to offer is better than or different to what Hanlan or Woods have to offer).

Only a twitter rumour. But our club along with Scunny and Salford mentioned as being interested in Dundalk winger Michael Duffy.

Just off to google/wiki to see what he’s like.

And another twitter rumour (they are fun if nothing else) says we have actually offered a contract to Chris Solley, ex-Charlton defender.

The rumour states that us, Blackburn and a Div2 side have all offered him a contract. Can’t see the same player being offered a deal by clubs in 3 separate divisions. If he’s good enough for a Champ club, why would a L2 side be in as well?

And another twitter rumour (they are fun if nothing else) says we have actually offered a contract to Chris Solley, ex-Charlton defender.

The rumour states that us, Blackburn and a Div2 side have all offered him a contract. Can’t see the same player being offered a deal by clubs in 3 separate divisions. If he’s good enough for a Champ club, why would a L2 side be in as well?

A Stroodie! I remember him as a kid, Charlton got him to training by taxi every day. Very good when he was young, and very fast. I offered his then manager (before he signed for Charlton professionally) to drive him to Gillingham. He said Chris wasn't interested. So it's a no from me, let him get his football pension somewhere else!

Could well be the agent trying to drum up interest.Managers often don't deny these stories as it helps to take the heat off the real target I would guess.