Leicester v NUFC | Page 3 | Vital Football

Leicester v NUFC

Luckily for us and to the irritation of many in the media, Howe has a broader understanding of the true value and importance of players like Murphy.

If/when we are struggling at the wrong end of the table I will consider the alternative views.

The introduction of Murphy and St Max effectively finished the game off 10 minutes before the final whistle.

Obviously there are people out there who watch football without understanding the game - bless them

It'll be nice to bring on decent players though after a few windows. Murphy is the best we have at the moment, so just have to make do. Agree he isn't totally useless as he does win the odd free kick or fluke a goal.

It's not even about that for me (although you are 100% correct)

It's just that there was absolutely no need for any negatives - to any normal Newcastle fan yesterday was a brilliant day
Got to agree Mc although one of the daily rags tried to make something of a bit of a tussle between away fans over a players shirt (Dan Burn) that had been thrown to away section in the post match appreciation celebrations after the final whistle.

Got to agree Mc although one of the daily rags tried to make something of a bit of a tussle between away fans over a players shirt (Dan Burn) that had been thrown to away section in the post match appreciation celebrations after the final whistle.

I've seen a bit about this Mac - apparently the shirt was meant for a young kid but an old dear decided she wanted it - a large bloke was seen trying to grab at the shirt and has took a fair bit of flak for it - turns out the large bloke was just trying to make sure it got to the young lad

It's not even about that for me (although you are 100% correct)

It's just that there was absolutely no need for any negatives - to any normal Newcastle fan yesterday was a brilliant day
Agreed.

At the same time there are obviously some fans who rightly or wrongly want it all and want it now.

Based on his posts I'm going to assume RZA falls into that catergory.

My assumption stems from the fact that we currently sit second third ;)in the table despite having to rely on the services of players like Murphy, Fraser etc.

I believe It's perfectly reasonable to state that singling out members of our squad who are directly responsible for what can only be described as an astonishing achievment (albeit to date) by calling them shit, defies logic !

Last edited:
Spot on.
Howe & all the players have bought into his mantra of togetherness.
Players like Lascelles,Wood,Murphy,Kraft etc have all become better players under Howe & are one of the reasons we sit in 3rd place.
Whether we stay in the top 4 or not will largely depend on our recruitment over the next month & they'll know this.
Meanwhile let's enjoy the ride, it's been a fkn long time coming.
Top 4 or a cup?
Cup for me & the hysteria!