Leicester Sack Pearson? | Vital Football

Leicester Sack Pearson?

herringthorpe

Alert Team
Staff member
Sky are reporting that Nigel Pearson has been sacked by Leicester City.

The Foxes Boss appeared to put his hands round the throat of Crystal Palace player James McArthur after the midfielder skidded off the pitch and knocked Pearson over - although it could have been 'playful' Pearson didn't appear to be laughing.

Maybe yesterday's incident has nothing to do with the sacking - but I rather think it might have

It didn't appear 'playful' to me! Nor did hanging on to his shirt, stopping him returning to the game!

Asked about the incident when he was interviewed afterwards I thought his reply was weird - "I can look after myself". What was that about?

I find it a very peculiar incident from start to finish.

Leicester have come out with a statement saying 'Pearson will remain in charge of the Foxes for the game at Arsenal'

So we presume although he hasn't get been sacked it is going to happen?

Pearson himself thought he'd been sacked as did some other staff at the club but after the players started wanting to know what was happening the club then put out this statement -

'Contrary to media speculation on Sunday evening, Nigel remains the club’s first-team manager. Reports to the contrary are inaccurate and without foundation. Nigel, his staff and the first-team squad are entirely focused on Tuesday night’s trip to Arsenal and our continued efforts to secure our position in the Barclays Premier League.'

Strange indeed

Pearson was playing for us when we were relegated (at Leeds) from the premier league in 1997 .
He was interviewed after the match by a sky tv reporter and ws asked how he was feeling.

He gave the reporter quite a glare and said that that was a stupid question to ask , given the circumstances.
The interview didn't last long.

According to the Daily Mirror today Pearson was told on Sunday morning that he was sacked by Leicester Chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha but he was talked out of it by his son Aiyawatt.

I bet he just couldn't be bothered to sign his name on the forms!

I've read that too Caz - on BBC red button thing (or ceefax).
If it's true , then i can't see it ending well.
Surely he's not gonna have any kind of decent working relationship with his chairman now - especially as Pearson does seem to be "his own man" so to speak.