Lee Thorpe - 22 Years On | Page 2 | Vital Football

Lee Thorpe - 22 Years On

isnt Gordon our record transfer out assuming the taff’s paid up

I thought it was set to be our record transfer following later fees after the initial transfer, but we cashed in for a lower amount when facing administration.

isnt Gordon our record transfer out assuming the taff’s paid up

I thought Gordon was quality and especially excellent in the air, and I am surprised how his career pretty much nosedived after his big-money move to Cardiff, although he was plagued by injuries. Didn't even make another 100 league outings after leaving us, scoring just 12 times.

I thought Gordon was quality and especially excellent in the air, and I am surprised how his career pretty much nosedived after his big-money move to Cardiff, although he was plagued by injuries. Didn't even make another 100 league outings after leaving us, scoring just 12 times.

indeed he was a decent player the sort of striker we could do with now! Shame he got he injuries.

i think he is now a postman?

I thought it was set to be our record transfer following later fees after the initial transfer, but we cashed in for a lower amount when facing administration.

oh a bird in the hand and all - probably wise as they didnt really have the money either!

It seemed like years and years that our strike options were Lee Thorpe, Tony Battersby and Dave Cameron. Thorpe was often described as 'mercurial', and Battersby as 'a lazy shit', which meant that the prodigiously untalented Cameron (100% effort, no discernible talent ) was almost hero-worshipped - although to be fair he proved to be 100% better at the effort side of things than his namesake prime minister!
Gavin Gordon was from that era too.