Led Zeppelin to be Sued over Stairway To Heaven riff? | Vital Football

Led Zeppelin to be Sued over Stairway To Heaven riff?

Pride of Lions

I am now official
It seems from reports that Led Zeppelin are to be sued over uplifting a riff froma band called Taurus who they shared the stage with back in 1969......

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/led-zeppelin-sued-over-stairway-heaven-riff-062733591.html#Dtcn51R

Strange...... after all this time.

:10:

They'l have been in touch with the 'no win, no fee' guys who have told them they can get them a pretty packet

Find it hard to believe there wouldn't be some limit time wise to be honest!!

They should sue Rolf Harris for doing this awful cover version!

Rolf Harris - Stairway To Heaven (Live on TOTP 1993)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NMzuQFHJVU

Think they might be at the back of the queue Thomas, with him being in court on sexual offence charges. No stairway to heaven for him

Ok, here, just for once......... it is a one liner, here goes....

Is that a ladder in your stocking - or a Stairway to Heaven?.......

You asked for it Kefkat.....

kefkat - 22/5/2014 08:11

Think they might be at the back of the queue Thomas, with him being in court on sexual offence charges. No stairway to heaven for him

So already guilty and convicted then?

Pride of Lions - 21/5/2014 12:19

It seems from reports that Led Zeppelin are to be sued over uplifting a riff froma band called Taurus who they shared the stage with back in 1969......

Definite rubbish, I know for a fact that Deadly Doug taught Jimmy the riff in 1970.

Juan Mourep - 22/5/2014 21:20

Do you know what it is yet!!??

Juan Mourep - 22/5/2014 21:20

Who knows? Play on words, that is all

The Fear - 22/5/2014 06:09

Find it hard to believe there wouldn't be some limit time wise to be honest!!

Well I have taken a while to approach this post, but I feel, fully 18 hours later, that you are right, maybe, or not, I don't really know!

The songs do sound very similar. Apparently Led Zeppelin toured with that band prior to the recording of Stairway to Heaven, and they have admitted stealing other people songs too; the lyrics for whole lotta love were stolen from a song called 'you need love'.