Lasse Sorensen | Vital Football

Lasse Sorensen

I love Lasse and think he has been a great player for us the last year and a bit. Always gives 100% and is a real honest pro. However, if you think about it, he stood out most when the rest of the side was shite, and was good but not standout when the rest of the team was playing really well. He carried the side under Kennedy, but I think we would be best selling him now and finding a young replacement with promise. Not a complete project, but a 23-year-old or so. Circle of life for a club like us.

Very interesting interview
We've invested in players and want a return on them was a big theme.
Erahahon is on a very long contract so don't have sell.
Looking at Scandinavian players.
I think they'll be a bigger turn over in players than some think

My interpretation of the interview with Jez is as follows:

Mandroiu - Player and Club looking at other options. He is/was a high earner. Signed for 2 years, plan was for him to progress year 1 as he only joined us on a low fee and then sell but not enough progress made in year 1.

Teddy - Negotiations ongoing.

Both with Teddy/Danny i thought Jez was saying if we find a replacements then we could break off negotiations with both as well as players will if they get better offers.

Montsma - Ready to train when players come back in summer. Short term deal offered to check fitness into preseason. With a view of contract until January then end of season. Jez thinks there could be scenario which is useful for Lewis and protects LCFC.

Ethan E - Do not need to sell, plenty of time left on contract. Agent knows type of money it will take for him to move clubs.

Jensen - 1 year left on deal. As per Lasse decision to either sell or let him leave for free next summer.

Gallagher/Benn/Long will return for preseason.

Ahui/Cann won't be part of first team next season. Either binned or loaned out again. Need to find them a “Pathway”.

Jayden Brown/ Ali Smith - 1 year left, not sure they'll be staying if we had our way. Smith had bad injury at Colchester and will be back just before pre season.

Incoming - Want 2 or 3 in early. Also maybe a player or two in Scandinavia who are on our radar.

Last edited:
There could be a significant turnover in the squad with money from clubs for some of our players. I think Mandy is a bit deluded if he thinks he will get a better offer however been wrong before.

Mandroiu - Player and Club looking at other options. He is/was a high earner. Signed for 2 years, plan was for him to progress year 1 as he only joined us on a low fee and then sell but not enough progress made in year 1.

Both with Teddy/Danny i thought Jez was saying if we find a replacements then we could break off negotiations with both as well as players will if they get better offers.

Montsma - Ready to train when players come back in summer. Short term deal offered to check fitness into preseason. With a view of contract until January then end of season. Jez thinks there could be scenario which is useful for Lewis and protects LCFC.

Ethan E - Do not need to sell, plenty of time left on contract. Agent knows type of money it will take for him to move clubs.

Jensen - 1 year left on deal. As per Lasse decision to either sell or let him leave for free next summer.

Ahui/Cann won't be part of first team next season. Either binned or loaned out again. Need to find them a “Pathway”.

Jayden Brown/ Ali Smith - 1 year left, not sure they'll be staying if we had our way. Smith had bad injury at Colchester and will be back just before pre season.

Incoming - Want 2 or 3 in early. Also maybe a player or two in Scandinavia who are on our radar.
Great summary and how interpreted it too.

As per Davidimp - great summary.

Only things I would add is that it sounded like Benn, Long and Smith will be training for their futures when pre-season starts and depending how they do directly under the gaze of MS will very quickly precipitate their outcomes at the club. Brown is very much actively trying to be moved out.

Gallagher sounds like somebody they rate highly and will be nurtured long term.

The club also really, really like Mitchell, and we could already be close to offering terms to a Scandinavian player ;)

On the back of that I wouldn't be surprised if most of Brown, Long, Benn, Smith, Mandroiu, Bishop are gone plus one of Sorensen/Jensen cashed in on.

Erhahon will only go for the big bucks.

As per Davidimp - great summary.

Only things I would add is that it sounded like Benn, Long and Smith will be training for their futures when pre-season starts and depending how they do directly under the gaze of MS will very quickly precipitate their outcomes at the club. Brown is very much actively trying to be moved out.

Gallagher sounds like somebody they rate highly and will be nurtured long term.

The club also really, really like Mitchell, and we could already be close to offering terms to a Scandinavian player ;)

On the back of that I wouldn't be surprised if most of Brown, Long, Benn, Smith, Mandroiu, Bishop are gone plus one of Sorensen/Jensen cashed in on.

Erhahon will only go for the big bucks.
Pretty much I think

Will be interesting close season as ever. It’s all those unknowns, we might make some early signings but then sell Ethan for a couple of million and then apart from replacing him it might have been we could have used some of the fee to clinch an earlier signing of higher quality than someone we’ve already signed.
Who’d be a DOF