Lascelles. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Lascelles.

Pope John XXIII - 14/9/2017 09:53

He was an utter cretin towards us in the media last season for no reason at all.

A shame

Did I miss something here? I saw his comments about celebrating if he scored and the report where he correctly stated we were a mess (aimed at Fawaz), both of which were wrapped up in lots of positive talk about his time with us and how we helped him as a player. Same with Darlow - there was something else?

fair play to him for playing in the prem and as a captain of Newcastle. good on the lad. He is getting a new 5 year contract there now too. sorted for life.

Rafa obviously rates him, but I think a lot of people are disregarding the fact that many Geordies think he is a liability and their 4th best centre half. that's not my opinion.

I always remember meeting his dad when jamal was on the verge of playing for our first team

Someone said to him "the thing is the club will be trying not to put him under pressure too young tgats why they've not played him yet"

His dad's reply:

"If he can't handle pressure he shouldn't be trying to play pro sport in the first place"

Always thought his dad was spot on tbh

Hes looked after his family really well from what I know

buying property for them etc

Pope John XXIII - 14/9/2017 09:53

He was an utter cretin towards us in the media last season for no reason at all.

A shame

"Hopefully they sort out the mess they are in. I feel for a few of the players still there. They still have a few really good players. Ben Osborn, Henri Lansbury, Michael Mancienne, they were there when I was there.

"I don't think they are getting treated fairly for what they are offering and giving to the club. That is my homegrown club, I was there from eight years of age. I wish them all the best."

Were these the cretinous comments or did he say something else?

Jimmy Gordon - 15/9/2017 09:53

I always remember meeting his dad when jamal was on the verge of playing for our first team

Someone said to him "the thing is the club will be trying not to put him under pressure too young tgats why they've not played him yet"

His dad's reply:

"If he can't handle pressure he shouldn't be trying to play pro sport in the first place"

Always thought his dad was spot on tbh

Hes looked after his family really well from what I know

buying property for them etc

I've never bought into the idea that players should be molly-coddled into first team football, regardless of how well or badly the team is doing.

If they're good enough, they're old enough and nobody will ever persuade me otherwise.

I've read and heard some people say that x,y or z shouldn't be playing in a relegation threatened team etc. But for me, if a player isn't mentally prepaared and ready to play in a relegation/pressure game then quite frankly they're not good enough. Relegation/pressure games are part and parcel of the game and as such, a player should be able to handle this. Football isn't just a physical sport, but also one about mental agility and endurance too.

So fair play to Lascelle's father for saying that.

Calvin Plummer - 15/9/2017 14:00

As for celebrating against us if he'd scored, then good. I hate this pretence at respect...

But love mediocrity like tesche , lam and montanier :19:

the jock - 15/9/2017 17:43

Calvin Plummer - 15/9/2017 14:00

As for celebrating against us if he'd scored, then good. I hate this pretence at respect...

But love mediocrity like tesche , lam and montanier :19:

Has your dinner not arrived yet? Them meals on wheels drivers can be sooo tardy.

What?

I like old dudes fighting over who is more stuck in their ways.

It's like those two guys on the balcony from the Muppets.

Lascelles scored the winner again yesterday

He's looking like a beast at corners for them

Unlucky not to score twice yesterday

He's leading them very well