Koeman bites the dust | Vital Football

Koeman bites the dust

Good. He's been riding on Pochettino's coat tails for long enough.

God awful manager, not sure why anyone rated him.

And to think a couple on here said he was better than Poch...

Got them to 7th last season. Loses a top striker with no replacement. Only 9 games in, played 5 top teams out of those.

Not sure what was going on behind the scenes but seems a little harsh.

Nick Real Deal - 23/10/2017 20:50

Got them to 7th last season. Loses a top striker with no replacement. Only 9 games in, played 5 top teams out of those.

Not sure what was going on behind the scenes but seems a little harsh.

He bought the players. It was his choice not to get a good striker in. TBH they are hard to find. He deserves to go though as he has fucked it up this season.

They have played 5 top teams in 9 games. Arse, Us, City, Utd and Chavs. I wouldn't expect any points from that lot. They beat Bournemouth and Stoke, drew with City.

That is with new players settling in and losing one of the best strikers around.

I have no regard for Koeman but it seems a bit harsh, possibly premature to sack him.

Their next few games include Chrystal Palace, Leicester, West Ham , Southampton, Watford , Huddersfield,. They are teams they can beat. Not the 5 big guns although they drew with City.

I'm not saying they would win all those but they do have a pretty good squad.

Koeman isolated himself with the Barkley situation. A miscalculation on his part. It cost him his credibility within the organization and then his job.

Some of his signings have been poor. Siggy for 40m plus was just crazy. He wasn't even needed. If he was at Spurs and we were in their position I would be calling for his head.

A talented manager in my book. I think he got the last window hugely wrong though and in such contrast to the brilliant (and I use that would seldom) window he had at the start of his tenure at Southampton, when he in that season he totally eclipsed everything done under Porky - who himself was trailing on the coat tails of all the ork Nigel Adkins did.

It was a car-crash window with the main issue not addressed and a number of players bought for positions that were already full. As the astute realise, their start involved mainly teams better than them who would be difficult to get points out of. The next run of games look a lot easier and I am sure that things would have looked different after them for him.

Everton seen a really weird club.