Kent Cricket followers | Vital Football

Kent Cricket followers

Great result. Heino Kuhn seems to have been a canny acquisition as so far he has regularly contributed with the bat in all forms of the game. Much more consistent than Northeast who he replaced.

Still not sure about the bowling though as Claydon has never been top class so I am not surprised that they finally played Podmore instead today - with instant results. Haggett also suffered in that Essex game so may still be a weak link on occasions.

I am not sure how much longer we have Matt Henry or what provisions are being made longer term for Stevens' retirement when his wickets and economy will be missed. I thought Gidman could be the answer but he never seems to get a limited overs game.

It would also be nice if Billings would start living up to his "billing" with a few runs.

Spot on Bluenose. Relieved Claydon didn't play, he's lime a 12th man for the oppos.

Billings needs to get a grip.

Stevens = absolute legend.

Look forward to Lords and hoping we break the record of 6 finals defeats in a row (we are like Jimmy White).

Fantastic win today(good toss to win).

Sorry to bore you Lancs.

Great result. Heino Kuhn seems to have been a canny acquisition as so far he has regularly contributed with the bat in all forms of the game. Much more consistent than Northeast who he replaced.

Still not sure about the bowling though as Claydon has never been top class so I am not surprised that they finally played Podmore instead today - with instant results. Haggett also suffered in that Essex game so may still be a weak link on occasions.

I am not sure how much longer we have Matt Henry or what provisions are being made longer term for Stevens' retirement when his wickets and economy will be missed. I thought Gidman could be the answer but he never seems to get a limited overs game.

It would also be nice if Billings would start living up to his "billing" with a few runs.
I believe we have Henry for the semi -final on Sunday and the championship game against Warks, then he goes back to New Zealand, there's a possibility he'll be available for the last few championship games as well.

Spot on Bluenose. Relieved Claydon didn't play, he's lime a 12th man for the oppos.

Look forward to Lords and hoping we break the record of 6 finals defeats in a row (we are like Jimmy White).

Fantastic win today(good toss to win).

Sorry to bore you Lancs.

Well done to Kent. Oh, did I tell you about way back when, at the Oval........ :throw:

Awesome result. We're in a rich vein of form, just a shame we couldn't beat Essex or finish off Gloucestershire in the Championship.

I feel a bit sorry for Billings really - he travels around with England often as the reserve batsman. He went to the IPL primarily as a reserve batsman. He came into the England side yesterday which means he wouldn’t be released for today. He hardly gets a chance to play regular games and get his form going, but anyone that follows cricket will know how good he can be.

Well done Lads. I went to their last Lords Final (Friends Provident) in 2008 when we lost to, of all teams, Essex.

Hopefully all the top order batsman contribute this time so we do not leave it all to Kuhn and the middle/lower order. We should then have a decent chance against anybody.

If the opponents are Hampshire and we beat them and also get promoted from the County Championship second division while Hampshire get relegated, I would love to hear Sam Northeast's reaction after his close season decision to switch counties.:yes:

Kent have had pretty much ten years of decline, so it’s nice to think we might be on the up again. Great result (and game) today. The two imports this year have been brilliant!

I'd rather play Hampshire, because if Yorkshire win, they'll have their five England players available for Lords.

I think he goes back in August.

Couldn't bear losing to Yorkshire. They think they invented the game.

Kuhn has been a revelation this season,and Henry was unplayable when wickets were damp.certainly game of ups and downs yesterday,think Blake’s innings was th e turning point.

Have to say I thoroughly enjoyed Bromley Town's own Alex Blake smacking the leather off a couple of balls to basically put them in the cathedral yesterday!

His dad umpired my game the day before, not *quite* the same standard of cricket.

I'd have been very keen indeed to go to the game, but I'm already booked in to go somewhere. I'm sure the time was that the one day cup was a season finale kind of affair for years?