KARAMOKO DEMBELE SIGNS | Vital Football

KARAMOKO DEMBELE SIGNS

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend

KARAMOKO DEMBELE SIGNS FOR POOL​

Blackpool Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Karamoko Dembele on a season-long loan from French top division side, Stade Brestois.
Dembele, 20, signs for Pool with a glowing reputation in the game. The forward joined Celtic's Academy at the age of ten, before making his debut for their U20 side at just 13 years of age. He went on to sign his first professional contract with the Club at 15, making his first-team debut a year later for the Scottish side.
A player with international experience at youth-team level for both Scotland and England, Dembele moved to Stade Brestois in July 2022 where he made 15 appearances in Ligue 1 last season.
Karamoko Dembele said:
"I'm super excited to be here and to meet the players, staff and supporters.
"I've had some good moments in my career so far at both Celtic and Brest, and those experiences have helped me develop as a person and a player, and hopefully that will help me during my time here.
"I like to bring excitement and entertainment to the pitch, and hopefully I can add some goals and assists to the team this season."
Neil Critchley said:
“Karamoko is someone who will provide us with flexibility in how we want to play at the top of the pitch. He has attributes that we believe can bring a different dimension to our team, and we’re excited to see what he can produce in a tangerine shirt.
“Having gained experience in the French top division and coming up against Marseille as recently as Saturday, we’re looking forward to integrating Kaddy in to the group and helping him develop during the season.”

My Celtic mate said this about him:
He was at one point the best talent in the uk everyone was after him pal. Didn’t live up to expectations but still a good player. Chelsea were at one point fav to get him but it all went wrong for him …. Think his brother plays at Peterborough.
He was unplayable at youth level.

Karamoko Dembele is looking to hit the ground running at Bloomfield Road, after joining the Club on loan on Wednesday afternoon.

The 20-year-old signed for the season on loan from French Ligue 1 side Stade Brestois, and is now looking forward to challenging himself in the EFL for the first time.

"Firstly, I'm really excited to be here. I've heard a lot of great things about this Club and all of the supporters," he said.

"I've enjoyed my time in the youth team at Celtic, but never really had the chance in my career so far to play a big part in a first-team environment. I'm looking forward to getting involved here and pushing for us to have a successful season.

"I like to bring excitement and entertainment onto the pitch and provide goals and assist for the team - I'm hoping I can prove that here at Blackpool. I intend to work hard whist I'm here and make all of the supporters happy."

Despite being just 20, Karamoko has already enjoyed an exciting career so far with both Celtic and Stade Brestois. Reflecting on his career to date, the winger admits his time at both clubs has proved pivotal in becoming the player he is today.

"I really enjoyed my time at Celtic," he said.

"Playing in front of so many fans at such a young age was an incredible experience, and I think that has helped me going forward. Playing for a Club of that size can only be a good thing, and you learn a lot about your own game and the pressure that comes with that.

"I then moved on to Brest and gained a lot from the year I've had there. Playing against some big clubs and stadiums was a great experience. I can take a lot of positives from my time there and hopefully that will help me with my game here at Blackpool."

With Karamoko now looking forward to the new season, early discussions with Neil Critchley have made him ready for what's to come.

"I spoke to him before I came here and the way he spoke to me and about this Club was really exciting," he said.

"I came away feeling really positive and knew that the feeling I got is exactly what I need at this stage of my career. I'm really looking forward to working with him and all of the players and staff and can't wait to get started."

Not sure whether to be excited or underwhelmed by this signing.

If he gets his chance in the side (replacing Hamilton?) and is a genuine wide man who can provide service then he may be what we need.

If Critchley buggers about not playing him or playing him out of position then what’s the point in him being at Blackpool!