Just what is wrong | Vital Football

Just what is wrong

Not for me to work this one out but what a mess we are in. I think we have a good manager, he is experienced & well equipped but i cannot help thinking that there is something wrong, somewhere ???.

Am i imagining it ???, but we have a decent squad, on paper at least, but there is just something not right !,is the manager being held back or is this GB thing just the tip of the iceberg ?.

I never thought that i would say this but the Trew's seem to be doing no right for a wrong, maybe they are the problem ??, vastly inexperienced & going the opposite way that Dunnett / Pavis ? Warnock/ Jimmy & Jack did. Listening to a conversation in the navvy post match & something was bandied about by a group that more or less said that there was a problem in the past with the funds that had been raised for the J&J, money not being there or available to pay the bills, vague but interesting.

The club at the moment is lacking clear leadership, that is quite evident with the Nottm Post debacle, i fear that Moniz will walk away pretty soon and that would put us out of the Football League.

A bit over dramatic to me - we've had a very mixed start to the season with two wins, two defeats and a draw, but it's far too soon to press the panic button.

I agree with Elite.

I do understand why people's first reaction is negative, but as EP says we're 4 games into the season and it's been a "mixed" start.

Fleshing it out, there's been an excellent away win, two terrible performances and results and a promising performance marred by poor finishing and a late goal.

Of course, I would rather have 4 wins but stupid as it sounds, that can also be counter-productive....especially with the "reactionary" nature of our fan-base. And let's not forget Tranmere of a few years ago who had an amazing start that lasted through to December and finally ended up nowhere.

As for Mr & Mrs Trew, they can be accused only of trusting the people that they have brought in to do their job (and they in turn trusting the players to do their job). Nobody can argue that their decisions (on managers) appear to have been poor. But how could they have known that? I doubt they have ever thought, "let's make a bad decision".

I really do hate to listen to people saying that they've "ruined" our club or that they have no interest etc (not saying anyone has said this on this thread btw). Ironically (and only in my opinion) I think that the only thing that the Trews have done wrong is 'listen to the customer' too much....they have reacted to the fanbase's whims so often and each time (so far) that "plan" hasn't worked.

Yet.

I like Aileen and Ray - I really do.

However I think the problem with Ray's managerial appointment is that he seems to choose people based on how well they interview rather than their track record of achievement.

Maybe it comes from his background in recruitment in which the ability to show well at interview is considered vital

Obviously I can see some inconsistencies in my argument (Ince I guess) but overall I think I standby this view.

I really really hope that Moniz lack of English league experience coupled with Branston's (I've seen this player have 1 good game so let's have him) gung-ho attitude doesn't sink us this season.

Agree 100% with your post big guy especially the last paragraph about mr and mrs Trew seem like they listen to a lot of garbage some of our fanbase spout, 99.9% of supporters haven't a clue how to run a football club( including myself) so don't listen to poisonous muppets who think they may have the best interests of the club at heart cos they won't be happy until we're in non-league and can shout from the rooftops they were right.

You may have a point, Cherub. Mix what you've said with RT's desire to "do things differently" (i.e. not employing from the managerial merry-go-round) and that's probably a close description of what Ray's techiques are. It's tough to a rgue with him to be honest because at our level, it seems that the choice is (a) Choose a crap manager that everyone's heard of .... which is what almost every club does, but Ray has pioneered option (b) Choose a manager you've never heard of.....who turns out to be crap!

It's a tough job! :hihi:

Regardless of anything else, I personally think Mr & Mrs Trew have earned 'Notts Legends' status simply by the fact that they kept the club out of administration - forget the effects that had on the pitch - it's the fact that many small businesses whom were owed £1000's after being sucked in by the Munto fiasco would've got next to nothing if we went into admin which inevitably would've meant that some would've gone out of business.

It doesn't mean I think they are above criticism, far from it - It just means that a lot of family businesses could've been lost (and should've been as administration was the financially sensible option for the club) were it not for our new owners.