Just met Sean Clare | Vital Football

Just met Sean Clare

Billy Goatham

Vital Reserves Team
Walking into Angel tube this afternoon I couldn,t believe seeing the above on crutches and ski boot sitting on a bench outside with a friend. Natch I had to stop and have a chat about his injury which rules him out for the rest of the season. He is also out of contract at Wednesday when it finishes so I said i supposed there was no chance of him returning in the close season his reply ? never say never ? and that he was prepared to talk to whoever was interested.
Also said that ? you boys are doing really well ? anyway,altogether, a thoroughly nice young man I thought !

"I couldn,t believe seeing the above on crutches and ski boot sitting on a bench outside with a friend. "

Well at least he got onto the bench at last, not cup tied this week then?

Maybe wishful thinking.....

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/03/15/jos-luhukay-suggests-sean-clare-may-have-played-his-last-game-fo/

I find it hard to belie that a premier club would take a punt on someone who has only played a handful of championship games and now has an injury

More worryingly (for our prospects) is that Wednesday are going to offer him a contract.

What does work in our favor is that he is southern based and seemed to enjoy his time here.

We clearly can't compete on wages with Wednesday BUT how much is the lure of returning south and getting more game time.

Never say never as Sean says but it would seem unlikely we could tempt him.

Asked for an update on Clare's contract situation, the Dutchman said: "The contract is ready for Sean, I think for a couple of weeks he?s only had to sign it.

"For him, it?s a difficult situation, he can be three, four, five, six months maybe out of football and his contract is finished in the summer. But he can sign with us and we have shown him the future - what we would like to do with him."

Looks like Sheff Weds are keen to sign him up. With them a league above us, a much bigger club, and us not looking to go anywhere really and unlikely to compete on wages, I'd imagine we'd seriously struggle to compete with Sheff W if the contract offer does come them as the manager seems to suggest it will/has. I would be very happy but I?d probably question his sanity if he did pick us instead of a championship club. A shame we missed out on him really. I heard the deal was very close to being done last transfer window to bring him here. Could have been a money maker too if the rumours of prem clubs now looking at him have any sort of truth to them at all.

Our only chance of beating a club like Wednesday is a much longer deal .Clare would be the sort of player I would be happy to try to get on that basis .At very least it might influence him in a few years time if he was available then .