Jose is an ex-Spurs manager! | Page 62 | Vital Football

Jose is an ex-Spurs manager!

I would say the lad is a tad optimistic. We don't have the quality he suggests.

Gaz, Dier solid players?

Our midfield options some of the best in the league?

Son borderline world class?

Dele, Lamela are really good options as number 10?

I liked his insight on Jose's methods and style over the years but he is being very unrealistic about our squads ability.

All you have to do is compare our first 11's with the top 4 teams and you see how far we have fallen.

To be honest Hari, there's nothing in that article that I don't think we all know and have discussed at length - what I hope it could give some insight into is how long they think Levy will let him do what he does without results or how long before Jose realises he might have to create a massive crisis to get out intact?

or

Win something, in which case he's between a rock and a hard place as he'll have little to spend unless we cash in on Harry, which personally, I think we will have to.

Well one thing for me is that when he had the type of players he wanted he produced an attractive brand of football that was very successful and when he didn’t the product wasn’t so good but still successful until dressing room politics got in the way.

I think it reinforced the position we are in if Holdbjerg signs in that we need new faces at RB and LB to stabilise the team as a minimum...how far we can get with that will depend on the players buying in to Jose’s tactical plans and how well they can execute them.

Our first eleven is still pretty good, certainly capable of challenging the top 4, it's our lack of depth that's killing us.

Poch used the same players nearly every game & it cost him dear. Jose won't make the same mistake, he'll demand a squad deep enough to challenge on all fronts.

Good old-fashioned dig at Jose from the Ole Supporters club..

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has a new chance to expose Jose Mourinho at Manchester United
Man Utd vs Sevilla in the Europa League final gives the Old Trafford side a chance to reach another European final, this time under Solskjaer.

60269687_652905628513959_5747118669607993344_n.jpg

By
Dominic Booth
  • 06:00, 13 AUG 2020
Sportopinion
0_GettyImages-1191965988.jpg
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is going some of the way to bettering Jose Mourinho at United (Image: 2019 Manchester United FC)
What is football heritage?

Jose Mourinho claimed to have a thorough definition when, following a Manchester United defeat to Sevilla in the 2018 Champions League last 16, he held an extraordinary and memorable press conference.

The rant is still ingrained in the minds of United supporters and will be particularly relevant this weekend when United and Sevilla remake their acquaintance in the Europa League semi-final.

"The fans have the right to their opinions and reactions," Mourinho began after seeing his side lost 2-1 at Old Trafford, ending their European hopes for the season. "But there is something that I used to call football heritage. I don't know if, I try to translate from my Portuguese, which is almost perfect, to my English, which is far from perfect, football heritage."

He went on to list United's achievements in the Champions League since they reached the final in 2011 under Sir Alex Ferguson. Mourinho noted that United had only once reached the quarter-final of the competition in that time, in 2014.

He added: "So in seven years with four different managers, once not qualify for Europe, twice out in the group phase and the best was the quarter-final, this is football heritage. And if you want to go to the Premier League, the last victory was 12-13 and in the four consecutive seasons United finish seventh, fourth, fifth and sixth. So in the last four years the best was fourth.

"This is football heritage."
So, what does Ole Gunnar Solskjaer know about football heritage?

Well, for a start his memory is seemingly a fair bit longer than Mourinho's. The Portuguese's comments were outrageous for several reasons, not least in how he ignored United's incredible erstwhile European achievements under Ferguson, especially between 1999 and 2011, reaching four finals.

Unlike Mourinho, Solskjaer is not shy of referring to the Ferguson era. Quite the opposite in fact, he embraces it and speaks openly about the desire to bring those days back to Old Trafford. 'United DNA' is a term that jars a little with some, but it reflects the project Solskjaer is trying to build, taking the club back to their roots under his old mentor Ferguson.

Mourinho was trying to create his own history at United, fair enough. But after the "heritage" rant, his days were numbered. Supporters became completely alienated and his approach looked outmoded and stale.

Perhaps Solskjaer had in mind the team Mourinho picked in that second leg against Sevilla when he selected his side to face Copenhagen on Monday. Because there were only two survivors: Eric Bailly and Marcus Rashford.

The rest of that 2018 side was: David de Gea, Antonio Valencia, Chris Smalling, Ashley Young, Nemanja Matic, Marouane Fellaini, Jesse Lingard, Alexis Sanchez and Romelu Lukaku.

Compare Solskjaer's team to Mourinho's from the first leg — a goalless draw in Seville — and difference is even more stark.

Not one United player started that 0-0 as well as the Copenhagen quarter-final earlier this week. Okay, Matic, De Gea and Victor Lindelof are still in Solskjaer's plans, as well as Scott McTominay who started in 2018 versus Sevilla, but Rashford, Anthony Martial and Paul Pogba were all on the bench. Solskjaer's side included that trio, youngsters Brandon Williams and Mason Greenwood, plus three of his own signings.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...gallery/man-utd-training-latest-news-18756298

This reflects perfectly what Solskjaer has done at Old Trafford in the 20 months since he inherited Mourinho's job. He has moved older players on (Valencia, Young), he's sidelined those who are underperforming (Lingard) and he has been ruthless by selling others who Mourinho considered integral (Lukaku, Sanchez, Fellaini).

He has put pace and natural talent at the forefront of his revolution, in line with United's philosophy under Ferguson, while leaning more heavily on the club's academy than Mourinho ever did.

In short, Solskjaer has placed a greater emphasis on 'heritage' but in a way that prioritises the future. He may not defeat Sevilla on Sunday night and even if he does, it will only be the Europa League — a competition Mourinho is always keen to remind us that he won.

But he knows what truly matters at Old Trafford and over the next season or two, not just the next 90 minutes, he can truly expose Mourinho's shortcomings at Manchester United.

It wouldn't surprise me why he is getting knocked....he didn't join a money bags Club but joined a "lesser Club" Spurs, who we all know are hated by the media.

The way I feel is that if you pick a fight with our manager then you pick a fight with the fans. He's our manager and has done superbly to turn things around after the mess he found us in.

I'll continue to show a negative attitude to the media until they decide to make the journey to this millennium with the rest of us.

The way I feel is that if you pick a fight with our manager then you pick a fight with the fans. He's our manager and has done superbly to turn things around after the mess he found us in.

I'll continue to show a negative attitude to the media until they decide to make the journey to this millennium with the rest of us.
The media doesn’t report news anymore, they are just for driving political agendas in all walks of life...scum the lot of them.

Once you'v reached the pinnacle they just can't wait to knock you down again. Unsurprisingly they love an underdog so Poch was cut a lot of slack, especially towards the end of his reign.

So bloody true there muttley.

'Ever wondered what your ex is up to?'

A billboard featuring Jose Mourinho has been put up near Chelsea's Stamford Bridge ground to advertise a forthcoming Tottenham documentary.
"Ever wondered what your ex is up to?", reads the advert for the All or Nothing series on Amazon Prime Video documenting Spurs during the 2019-20 campaign.
Spurs boss Mourinho won three Premier League titles, three League Cups and one FA Cup during two spells in charge of Chelsea.

Attachments

• 1598274495132.gif
    1598274495132.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 2
The good news is that Solskar, who embodies the soul and spirit of united and after spending hundreds of millions, fails in a semi for the third time.

Jose must be having a little chuckle today.I know I am.
Has he really spent that much?
Gish. They really have got money to burn havnt they.