Jose is an ex-Spurs manager! | Page 38 | Vital Football

Jose is an ex-Spurs manager!

It's always been far too easy to blame Levy, who has probably copped the most criticism from pundits and fans on this subject over the years. When viewed over his twenty year tenure that's pretty unfair, there have been plenty of big money signings, and I don't think that too many managers over that period would claim that they weren't supported. My own view is that the two window situation was largely stadium development influenced, which right now can be too easily dismissed as getting priorities wrong. Equally however Poch in my view only wanted a specific type of signing, young players of high energy (what went wrong with Ndombele) and potential, who would blend with his own management styling. I can't remember us being linked with a mature, quality player of proven European pedigree, throughout Poch's time in charge. Jose will be different, he'll want proven players of quality. Trouble is that Levy does expect to balance the books, and short of selling Harry Kane, I'm not sure how we'll finance the overhaul that JM is probably going to want to make.

Financing reasonable 'Jose type' acquisitions isn't beyond us at all; our finances are strengthing nicely, last summer we got within touching distance of two top European Champions league class players, one changed his mind at the last moment (on the day of signing actually) and the other, the selling club stopped it as they believed they could cause a bidding war in January between us and manure - as it happens we didn't bid and as Manure gave up the fight and agreed to meet all their demands.

As for N'dombele as he reaches his best as he reaches the required fitness, I suspect you'll have long disappeared into another alias by then...!

The fans have no responsibility for it whatsoever, they have almost Zero influence on the strategy; even the 'threat' of not turning up was a zero option when we were consistently in the upper quartile and the results it delivered.

If you are paying top dollar you are entitled to expect a top product.

Financing reasonable 'Jose type' acquisitions isn't beyond us at all; our finances are strengthing nicely, last summer we got within touching distance of two top European Champions league class players, one changed his mind at the last moment (on the day of signing actually) and the other, the selling club stopped it as they believed they could cause a bidding war in January between us and manure - as it happens we didn't bid and as Manure gave up the fight and agreed to meet all their demands.

As for N'dombele as he reaches his best as he reaches the required fitness, I suspect you'll have long disappeared into another alias by then...!
Harsh!, just a viewpoint relative to the question asked.

I'm still laughing my head off at the concept that some players aren't happy with the tactics. What are they going to do? Down tools again and sulk like a bunch of babies like they've done for the last year. They should realise their manager has taken his and their bullets recently. The common consensus might be that it's Jose's tactics that are the problem. When you look closely you can see it's the players mis-execution that is an equal part of that equation. The players need to step and up take responsibility and most importantly play for their manager.

I'm still laughing my head off at the concept that some players aren't happy with the tactics. What are they going to do? Down tools again and sulk like a bunch of babies like they've done for the last year. They should realise their manager has taken his and their bullets recently. The common consensus might be that it's Jose's tactics that are the problem. When you look closely you can see it's the players mis-execution that is an equal part of that equation. The players need to step and up take responsibility and most importantly play for their manager.

They got Poch the sack and they supposedly loved the bloke, if any of this is true they are coming across as dislikeable spoilt brats .

Talking of tactics, this is interesting for those who label us a long ball team.

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/clubs/total_long_balls

They got Poch the sack and they supposedly loved the bloke, if any of this is true they are coming across as dislikeable spoilt brats .

Talking of tactics, this is interesting for those who label us a long ball team.

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/clubs/total_long_balls

Long balls or better know as passes aren't the issue; it's playing hoof ball where we just screw ourselves over - if you watched the last two games, just look at how many times they lost us possession and came straight back at us.

Watched City vs RM....I have to wonder what goes through manager’s minds before games but it seems most stick by the maxim that, irrespective of the opposition, the away team in a two leg tie has to defend.

Pep did that against us last season and it backfired on him and yet again tonight he chose to reduce his great attacking team to a defensive, negative team against a very poor RM team. If he had just put his best team out and played as normal they could have been out of sight by half time but instead they fiddled around, playing hoof balls a lot until they screwed up and Madrid scored. Then they started to play a version of their normal game and won the game.

Commentator said Pep was a genius...I think he lacked balls and got away with it...it could have been so much easier....and more entertaining.

So you're saying Levy would sack him and appoint a non entity for less money ?

And that would put bums on seats ?

If Levy did that he would be showing the world what a complete idiot he was for signing Jose in the first place.

That would be the only reason I could see for Levy not showing him the door in the near future. These are the tough decisions that CEO's must make at the expense of showing that they too are human.

There are no short term winners in this scenario, however, as when Poch left, there was an immediate positive reaction both in and outside the club.

So you're saying Levy would sack him and appoint a non entity for less money ?

And that would put bums on seats ?

If Levy did that he would be showing the world what a complete idiot he was for signing Jose in the first place.

Sacking Jose and bringing in a virtual nobody....would be a catastrophe.

Would I be surprised...nope...sounds like us.

You can count on one thing, Daniel Levy has all the cards. He just doesn't give any of them away.

Also, I don't think he'd hesitate for a second to get rid of Mourinho if he thought it was in the imperative best interests of the club, regardless of what anyone else in the world would think of him.

I beleive this has all been planned & accounted for.

Last edited:
Not looking good is it?

We are so unorganised at the back its embarrassing. That's on him.

I'll be amazed if he is our manger next season.

Not looking good is it?

We are so unorganised at the back its embarrassing. That's on him.

I'll be amazed if he is our manger next season.

Despite the criticism, yesterday was more like football; it was the organisation in different phasing of the game that was left wanting and allowed them to get into us and score - it's about coaching now; there are residuals of Poch's game, Jose's defensive set-up and trying to play with a press - it's fine to play a tactical mix, but everyone has to know and do their job, and they don't and didn't.

As a top coach he should be able to fix that if the players want to play for him that is.

I am not sure we should be giving him anymore time after this season.Just cannot see any part of the team which has improved.He had a whole week last week and the defence was awful.He went for pace which I can see but when you have a player as good as Toby and with his experience plus range of passing, you do not leave him on the bench.Also leaving swapping Aurier for Gedson was not a great idea.The worst was leaving Troy on the bench when Bergwijn was non existent in the second half.All in all another bad day for Jose.His tactics are getting found out every game.I am a worried man

I am not sure we should be giving him anymore time after this season.Just cannot see any part of the team which has improved.He had a whole week last week and the defence was awful.He went for pace which I can see but when you have a player as good as Toby and with his experience plus range of passing, you do not leave him on the bench.Also leaving swapping Aurier for Gedson was not a great idea.The worst was leaving Troy on the bench when Bergwijn was non existent in the second half.All in all another bad day for Jose.His tactics are getting found out every game.I am a worried man

I've already accepted that we'll finish in 9th or 10th now, so worried I'm not for this season, but I am worried for how it's going to affect the pool we can fish in respect of new players next season - Jose just won't be the draw he was to compensate for such a lowly finish.

I see since I have been away he is still going backwards. I don't think I have ever had such little faith in a manager . Every game I think a little less. I know we have injuries but that's a managers job. Stop moaning and work with what you have instead of moaning about what you don't

At least Jose tried. He got it wrong by going for all out pace in the CBs , you need a bit of guile too. Needing pace is die to the CBs having to push up with such a weak MF due to no strikers. I understand why but he just overcooked it. I think Bergwijn needed to come off earlier to give Parrott a fair crack and maybe Aurier too as he went off the boil second half. Jose is trying to find the answers.

He’s really not getting found out every game.

The players are getting found out every game

Could you explain how Gazza being shite is “being found out”

Without fail every game his taken charge of this season there has been 2/3 massive cock ups that have cost us goals, that’s not that system.

I see since I have been away he is still going backwards. I don't think I have ever had such little faith in a manager . Every game I think a little less. I know we have injuries but that's a managers job. Stop moaning and work with what you have instead of moaning about what you don't

I had much less faith in the previous manager.